Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Now what am I going to do Thursdays at 10:00?

For the last 15 years, I have watched ER. I think that I've maybe missed two or three episodes the whole time. It's one of my favourite shows of all time and it came to a fitting end tonight. Hubby thinks that it jumped the shark a long time ago, but I disagree. The show has seen several cast changes over the years and not one of the regular cast in the last season were there for the first season. I think that it's probably the only show that can say that...and that could survive through such drastic changes.

The shows writing has always been superb. From the character developments to the interesting patient story lines, it has dealt with all sorts of happy and tragic endings. Guest stars include such greats as Robin Williams, Bob Newhart and Sally Field among others.

I'm sad to see this show end. But will look forward to visiting it back from the beginning on DVD.

This has been a Thursday night staple for a very long time and I'm going to miss it.

You could watch re-runs of the I Love Lucie Show.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Sorry friend..

I agree with hubby 100%. I LOVED this show a great deal, first few years. It was only the second medical show I ever watched after "St. Elsewhere". But the revolving cast door, the insane plot twists, combined with the fact that NO ER I'VE EVER BEEN IN BORE ANY RESEMBLANCE TO THAT PLACE I just couldn't keep watching it.

No, where are the interminable hours of waiting, in vomit and feces covered seats, with police and crazies screaming at the top of their lungs? Not on that show, not ever. Give me an hour of "The Wire" any day. I'm sorry but ER jumped the shark almost 8 years ago.

Da Worfster

Kam
    for me, and i realize this is a LOT coming from me of all people given my proclivity for Lost and other scifi/fantasy flicks, i just couldn't suspend belief any more. it got to that "Murder, She Wrote" paradigm of how much stuff can REALLY happen to one person? seriously? for 264 episodes and 4 movies!!! ok, so she was involved in 268 murder investigations???? REALLY??? the only way that show could have redeemed itself was for the end reveal to be lil miss Lansbury was the greatest serial killer of all time and, being the ONE common thread in EVERY murder, SHE was the killer.

ok, wow got sidetracked on that rant, BUT, same principle for me was just how much crap can ONE ER handle? bombs, train wrecks, helicopter wrecks, etc etc.

The reality of time travelling, mystical islands, however, i can handle no problem.

however, i did love the show. so i'm with ya on that one, and im sure if i could have gotten over that lil hump of mine, i would have appreciated the fantastic writing and acting that probably continued on for the whole run.
    /create

I never expect reality from TV. Not even when I watch reality TV.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    My wife and I were devoted watchers for the first 6 years or so. We stopped watching religiously after the invasion of Dr. RoboCop (I'll buy that for a dollar!). When he lost his arm in the helicopter accident we stayed on.

When he got crushed by the falling Helicopter we left. I really liked the old cast. Clooney, Green.

Even the Serb was ok. But then the cocky new cast came on, and it just sort of lost it's lustre. But, that is life.

I'm glad LOST is "pulling" the plug before it too jumps the shark.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    When he got crushed by the falling Helicopter we left.
    Aw, c'mon. That was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Aw, c'mon. That was funny!
    Oh we were happy. He was a jerk. But it just seemed that after that, every episode was an "event". Every show turned into some sort of gimmick fest.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Oh we were happy. He was a jerk. But it just seemed that after that, every episode was an "event". Every show turned into some sort of gimmick fest.
    That's true. But eventually they went back to the formula of character development and it got interesting again. For sure there were some seasons where I questioned my loyalty,but I'm glad that I stuck it out. My favourite character of the 15 years was a more recent one, Archie Morris. A total jerk and fvck up when he joined the cast, who developed into a smart, fun loving guy, with a huge heart.

That's true. But eventually they went back to the formula of character development and it got interesting again. For sure there were some seasons where I questioned my loyalty,but I'm glad that I stuck it out. My favourite character of the 15 years was a more recent one, Archie Morris. A total jerk and fvck up when he joined the cast, who developed into a smart, fun loving guy, with a huge heart.
    I'm starting to see a pattern here with you.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I'm starting to see a pattern here with you.
    Are you beginning to understand why I like coming here so much?

Are you beginning to understand why I like coming here so much?
    Yeah, you think we're a bunch of Sawyers.

Yeah, you think we're a bunch of Sawyers.
    Well aren't you?!

Well aren't you?!
    Well, I am. But Rich is more of a Hurley. JSE is Sayid. The rest of them are a bunch of Jacks.

Well, I am. But Rich is more of a Hurley. JSE is Sayid. The rest of them are a bunch of Jacks.
    I'm a Ben. I used to be a good boy....then FA (Claire) took me to see Christian. And I haven't been the same since.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

I'm a Ben. I used to be a good boy....then FA (Claire) took me to see Christian. And I haven't been the same since.
    I'm too smart to get knocked up by some juvenile creep. I see myself as more of a Juliet (and not just because she ended up with Sawyer either ).

I'm too smart to get knocked up by some juvenile creep. I see myself as more of a Juliet (and not just because she ended up with Sawyer either ).
    Yeah, but Claire has that soft skin, and knockout accent. Juliet mind you took up with Ben long before Sawyer.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Yeah, but Claire has that soft skin, and knockout accent. Juliet mind you took up with Ben long before Sawyer.
    That was a survival move. She was with Goodwin before that and he was pretty cute.

That was a survival move. She was with Goodwin before that and he was pretty cute.
    FA just look at your avatar. If a cat ever needed to heal it's 2' legs, that one does. Take it too the island with you next time.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

I resemble that remark!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    I resemble that remark!
    I didn't want to say it that way, but your sure do.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    FA, I was a devoted fan also. But they lost me when Carter left the show. I tried House as a replacement, but it's a very different program. For your Thursday night fix, try 11th Hour. It is part FBI and part medical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    FA, I was a devoted fan also. But they lost me when Carter left the show. I tried House as a replacement, but it's a very different program. For your Thursday night fix, try 11th Hour. It is part FBI and part medical.

Or, you and the the hubby @ 10:00pm on Thursdays can now play your very own version of ER. You could be the naughty nurse, and he could be the dirty Dr. I'm sure you could fill in an hour or so.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Thanks, GM! I'll take that as a compliment!

Or, you and the the hubby @ 10:00pm on Thursdays can now play your very own version of ER. You could be the naughty nurse, and he could be the dirty Dr. I'm sure you could fill in an hour or so.
    What do you think we did before 10:00?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information