Thread: Be-Bop Deluxe

Be-Bop Deluxe

I've been spinning the first three Be-Bop Deluxe albums in my CD player (hard to get them to fit!).

Those are three great albums, culminating in the 10 out of 10 Starburst finish, and I'm talking about the music, not the naked chick on the cover (also a ten).

Modern Music was also pretty good, but didn't have the fresh feel of Starburst.

After this Bill Nelson began to change the format toward electro-pop, and did some interesting things. But I liked is space-age themed guitar-based stuff more.

And then in 1978 Gary Numan put out the great album Replicas and became the new king of space pop. Another 10 out 10 album.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I've been spinning the first three Be-Bop Deluxe albums in my CD player (hard to get them to fit!).

Those are three great albums, culminating in the 10 out of 10 Starburst finish, and I'm talking about the music, not the naked chick on the cover (also a ten).

Modern Music was also pretty good, but didn't have the fresh feel of Starburst.

After this Bill Nelson began to change the format toward electro-pop, and did some interesting things. But I liked is space-age themed guitar-based stuff more.

And then in 1978 Gary Numan put out the great album Replicas and became the new king of space pop. Another 10 out 10 album.
    Shameless plug for my bud Troy but for anyone that doesn't already know - Troy designed some album covers for Be Bop Deluxe. That alone makes these worth picking up.

And Gary Numan is da man. Drives me nutzo that all most people know is that silly song Cars.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

I'm sure Troy wishes he designed covers for Be-Bop Deluxe, but unfortunately, you're wrong about this.

I'll let Troy plug his own work, but I did love his first book (I still need to buy his second from amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I'm sure Troy wishes he designed covers for Be-Bop Deluxe, but unfortunately, you're wrong about this.

I'll let Troy plug his own work, but I did love his first book (I still need to buy his second from amazon).
    Me? Wrong? I suppose it's possible : )

Sure thought he did though.

I know I"m right about Gary Numan being da Man though.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Troy did make a most excellent Be Bop Deluxe comp a few years back. Maybe he did the cover for that?

Howzabout a comp? I've only heard Live In the Airage (?) and that was a long time ago at that.

fp <---- young geezer, not to be cornfused with

I think Troy did a cover for a Bill Nelson solo disc. Can't remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by BradH
    I think Troy did a cover for a Bill Nelson solo disc. Can't remember which one.
    Thank you Brad. Some kind of assurance that it's just partial senility is awesome. 'course it didn't help that I was away from the board for so long.

jc

Being on the board won't help you with senility. Just look what's happened to Finchy. It's tragic, sad & costly. But we still luv him for his glory years.

Forum Regular
    I like them but Troy is the fan boy LOL.

Dave

I did a cover for a CD single for Bill Nelson, yeah.

If I did BBD covers I woulda had to do them when I was 12.

I like all the BBD releases, but think the later ones were the best. From Modern Music onwards they were all excellent.

Thread Information