Forum Regular

vintage speaker replacements

Hello,
    Are there any reputable dealers out there that sell replacement original components for vintage speakers?....I need a replacement tweeter for a old pair of Techniques SB7000 floor monitors...One is not the original and i would like to return the speakers to as new...thanks for your hellp
    paul

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I googled the speaker because I thought I knew the series and it was as I remembered.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/TECHNI...00/SB7000.html

You might want to try www.madisound.com for a tweeter. You may not find an original but if you buy a pair of tweeters they suggest the cosmetics and the sound of the two speakers should be the same.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    JohnMichael,
    Thanks for the suggestion but the goal here is to restore them to original...I have a very nice replacement on the one now that i want to remove and put an original back in...thanks again
    paul

Thread Information