AR Newbie Registered Member

Advice Needed About My HiFi System

My system is
    NAD C521BEE CD
    YAMAHA AX396 AMP
    TANNOY MX3-M
    SUPRA RONDO CABLE
    IXOS HA203 INTERCONNECT

I recently put this system together to replace a very old Pioneer system which I was happy with but had faulting CD player and Amp.
    I have had this for a few months now and can barely listen to anything on it now. I listen to heavy rock/metal and to me the music should sound bright, alive, powerful with depth. This systems has a sound which is mushy, lacks fidelity, lacks depth. My only control over it is through the amps tone controls, the amp CD Direct button makes CDs sound as if they are playing through an AM radio. To make it sound it's best I have loudness on full, bass at +2 and treble at +3.
    Can anybody suggest what the weak link is in this system and what would be a better replacement if they can understand what sound I have and what I would like.

Forum Regular
    "I listen to heavy rock/metal "

There's your answer right there. Learn to listen to better music.

Forum Regular

Having a bad day skeptic?

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic
    "I listen to heavy rock/metal "

There's your answer right there. Learn to listen to better music.
    I hope your post was supposed to be sarcasm. If not, then it has no value whatsoever. Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to put down another persons musical preferences. Pettjon is seeking advice/help with his system, not a critique of his tastes in music. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to help him, but I do have the common courtesy to know when to not to speak (or type as it may be). If your comment was meant as sarcasm, I apologize for ranting (maybe I'm having the bad day)....Jack

Forum Regular
    You want bright?
    Horn tweeters should do the trick ^_^
    I dont think its right to adjust your tone knobs. With satisfying equipment, no one should need to adjust the bass or treble. In fact, lots of stuff doesnt even have tone adjusts.

Forum Regular

Update...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I hope your post was supposed to be sarcasm. If not, then it has no value whatsoever. Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to put down another persons musical preferences. Pettjon is seeking advice/help with his system, not a critique of his tastes in music. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to help him, but I do have the common courtesy to know when to not to speak (or type as it may be). If your comment was meant as sarcasm, I apologize for ranting (maybe I'm having the bad day)....Jack
    It's official, I am indeed having a bad day (evening to be exact). Please pardon my previous diatribe....Jack

Thread Information