AR Newbie Registered Member

New Guy Enjoying the Site

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for a few weeks now, and you all seem like a great group of folks from whom I can learn a lot.

I am by no means an audiophile, and I have very modest equipment, but I still enjoy learning and getting the most out of my systems. I plan on finishing the 2nd story of my house and like all of you, I would love to build the room around a killer system. Sadly, this probably wont happen for 5 years or so, though. I am 26 and having fun trying to pay down student loans.

As for now, I have a mild setup for TV/Home Theater which consists of a 40" Samsung LCD, the popular Onkyo TX-SR606, Mirage Nanosat satelites (a bit disappointing), and a Mirage Prestige 10 subwoofer (quite impressive). Just installed the equipment and I still need to fill the shelves and hide all wiring.

And the "Nerd Lair" (as dubbed by my wife) has some old Technics equipment hooked up to my computer with my old JBL ND310. This combo blew my mind when I first purchased it at the age of 16, which is what originally piqued my interest in home audio.

Thanks,

Dan

Welcome man. You have some nice little setups there. I really like your "nerd" layer. Just one thing, try to get your computer tower further away from that speaker. The magnets on the speakers drivers can screw up your hard drive. Otherwise i like it. If I lived in your house I would probably never leave the nerd layer.

I see a Fender Twin Reverb in there. Just sold mine last year. Great amp IMO.

Welcome to AR. Keep the pics coming.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Good tip on the hard drives! That computer is my file server with a raid array for security. I'd hate to screw that all up due to a large magnet!

I wish the amp was a twin reverb, but sadly it's the (cheaper) little brother.

Dan

Thread Information