Forum Regular

realistic mach one help

hello im new to the forum world but i like to read them to help me in my decisions. any way i have a mint pair of realistic mach ones and i have a spare set of woofers that were given to me. i would like to use the spares for subs so i was going to build a pair of sub cabs to match the mach's. here is what i am thinking it would be very easy to just copy the mach cab minus the horn enclosure but i was thinking of building a ported enclosure. problem is i don't know enough about how to get my volume and port size so i was wondering if anyone out there can help me? maybe they would just sound better in the original sealed dimensions?

Are these woofers identical to the woofers in the Mach ones? Or just some random woofers that were given to you? Do you know the T/S Parameters of these spare woofers (Fs, QTS, Vas, Xmax, etc.)? Without these specs, it's impossible to plan a good ported cabinet unless you're extremely lucky. You could guess on a sealed box and just alter the internal volume until it sounds the best. But don't do any guessing if you already have the parameters. If you have the parameters, download a bass box program and start testing. If they are infact the same as the mach one woofers, you could search online for their parameters and build a suitable ported box, otherwise use the original sealed dimensions.

Forum Regular
    yes they are definatly mach one woofers, i have a set of complete mach one speakers that i could use to get the box demensions from i was just wondering if the sealed mach one box could help me build a ported one. i have tried finding the speakers spec online and had no luck. i gues im trying to find a realistic guru.

Boatman1
    I wouldn't wast your time trying to make them into subs, I would save them incase you
    blow your good speakers or find another pair of Mach one boxes because building a sub
    box will not get you any more bass then the Mach ones. there are much more efficient
    subs out there that will give you much more bass. I have a pair of Mach ones and the
    woofers are hard to come by so I would save them and keep your vintage alive.

Forum Regular
    you make a good point and i think ill follow. on another note i would like to find a set of realistic opyimus t-200s, i have some jbl e 140-8s and some ev t-350 tweeters and i also have a good set of 5'' ev vented mids they are all pa speakers, i may consider some trading. maybe i should make that another topic.

Forum Regular
    I had a friend that used the Mach 1's 15" woofers as a car sub, using the same size sealed enclosure as the original Mach 1's did. The woofers didn't have the X-max and made bad suspension noises at medium loud volumes. Looking at the 15inch woofers surrounds, it looks as if it can move 15 mm, it really closer to 5 mm.
    I would look elsewhere if your planning to play low bass notes that require lots of cone movements.

Thread Information