Forum Regular

Yamaha Problem - HTY-760 Set Up Problem - Intellibeam

Hi Guys,

I am really frustrated, today I have recived my Yamaha HTY-760, since then I am trying to set it up without sucess, here at it happens:

1st - Cant see the HTY-760 display menu on the TV, no matter which connection I will choose 1,2,3c whatver It will never display the menu. If I connect my macbook to the tv I will have no problems whatsoever.

2nd - MOST IMPORTANT. Everytme I will run the auto set up with the intellibeam pluged in I always get the same error E-6 (Volume level is lower than expected. Please check the MIC position\connection and re-try)

Could the intellibeam mic be broken? I have tried everything so far: to place the mic closer, away from the unit and so on and so on.

What can I do more? Can you please advise me, your help will be very much appreciated. I want to try everything I can before posting back this item to Pixmania, it will be a huge pain to post it and have to wait for some resolution from them.

Cheers,
    Henrique

Suspended
    I'm not familiar with this unit but you should get an on screen display. I'd correct this first so you can tell what's going on. What connections have you made? You need to connect an HDMI cable from your 760's HDMI "out" to your TV's HDMI "in". Set the TV to that particular input. If that is already done, is your TV and 760 both HDCP compliant?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Not familiar with your Yamaha unit, but I'll try and help.
    Are you actually hitting the display button on the Yamaha to activate the dispaly menu after it's connected to the TV. The menu doesn't display full time, it usually has to be turned on to be seen on the TV. Double check your connections, make sure you're using a video output from the YHT-760 to your TV, not an input.

As for #2...it is possible the mic's damagaed (but that's not very common). I don't have any experience with that unit though so I'm not much help there, can the volume be turned up prior to using it to compensate somehow? Is it plugged in properly?

Forum Regular

Unhappy

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your reply!

1) Still have no picture from the yamaha on my tv, all the connections are 100%,I have follow all the instructions regarding the connections, they are quite straight forward:

HDMI TV > HTY 760
    TV Video Input > HTY 760 Video Output
    TV Digital audio out > HTY 760 Digital audio in
    (Pictures are attached)

So, I still have no picture. I think my Regza is compliant with the Yamaha, dont see any reason why not, I am able to plug ipod video or macbook to TV the same way without any hassle.

But I wouldnt be annyoed not to have the video because I can always use the HTY display to set all settings, the worst is that I cant do the Autosetup, I always get the same error message E-6 (Volume level is lower than expected. Please check the MIC position\connection and re-try).

Really dont know what to do ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yamaha Problem - HTY-760 Set Up Problem - Intellibeam-img_4561.jpg   Yamaha Problem - HTY-760 Set Up Problem - Intellibeam-img_4559.jpg   Yamaha Problem - HTY-760 Set Up Problem - Intellibeam-img_4558.jpg  

Suspended
    I tried to look at the manual but I am having an Adobe/PDF issue for some reason.

You should hook all sources into the 760 and just have the one HDMI going to TV from 760.Going into the TV and then back out with another digital connection to 760 could cause a problem.

How old is your TV? You should check the manual to be sure it's HDCP compliant. If it's not, that could be a reason you aren't getting a picture.

The auto set up should be sending a test tone. Unless the unit is just bad, it has to be something simple like the "mute" being on or some other button needs to be pushed.

Do you get any sound from the 760 at all?

Forum Regular
    You should hook all sources into the 760 and just have the one HDMI going to TV from 760.Going into the TV and then back out with another digital connection to 760 could cause a problem.

Checked. In fact just have 2 connections at the moment: HDMI going to TV from 760 and Video output from 760 to TV

How old is your TV? You should check the manual to be sure it's HDCP compliant. If it's not, that could be a reason you aren't getting a picture.

Tv its 5 months old. Toshiba regza Full HD 42''

The auto set up should be sending a test tone. Unless the unit is just bad, it has to be something simple like the "mute" being on or some other button needs to be pushed.

In fact, during auto setup, it sends different loud tones but at the end I will always get the same error message

Do you get any sound from the 760 at all?

I do

Suspended
    Did you know HDMI is both audio and video? You shouldn't need a separate video connection unless for some reason the 760 don't output the on screen display via the HDMI. My old Primare was like that, I had to have a second composite cable ran for OSD.

If the set up is "auto" you'd think the unit would set it's own level during the set up process. You could try turning it up louder and running the set up to see if it helps.

I found the manual on a UK site but can't get it to load. I see later if I can find one some where else. I downloaded a new version of Adobe, it could be my computer too.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Did you know HDMI is both audio and video? You shouldn't need a separate video connection unless for some reason the 760 don't output the on screen display via the HDMI. My old Primare was like that, I had to have a second composite cable ran for OSD.

If the set up is "auto" you'd think the unit would set it's own level during the set up process. You could try turning it up louder and running the set up to see if it helps.

I found the manual on a UK site but can't get it to load. I see later if I can find one some where else. I downloaded a new version of Adobe, it could be my computer too.

Yes, HDMI is audio & Video, its the one I have been using to connect the dvd 2 tv. I did turn the volume louder and less louder but unfortunately it does not helps. I think all the connections are 100%, because everytime i control the colume on the tv it will ajudst the YSP as well.

Still no video or auto set up ... Though there is a test key on the YSP remote and when I press it the test sound will be running with no problem, but when I go for auto setup it will stuck after the volume check...Mr Peabody, if you wish I can e-mail you the pdf manual.

Iam so annoyed, to return it I will have to post it from Ireland to France and then I still will need to wait until Pixamanie finds some resolution.

Thread Information