AR Newbie Registered Member

Best home theater in a box for 1000-1200

First time Poster here. so any advice on a home theater in a box OR any Combination of reciever 5 speakers and a sub woof, adding up to 1000-1200 Tops would be great....

I Like Music and Love movies to sound really good.....

Cos

Is music important? More important than HT? Big difference.

Any speaker size limitations? i.e. are floorstanders for mains do-able?

If you could get good performance w/o a sub, would you settle for that? You could add a sub at any time in the future, y'know.

Where are you located? This is an international community nowadays and what's available in Hoboken might not be available in Timbuktu.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Is music important? More important than HT? Big difference.

Any speaker size limitations? i.e. are floorstanders for mains do-able?

If you could get good performance w/o a sub, would you settle for that? You could add a sub at any time in the future, y'know.

Where are you located? This is an international community nowadays and what's available in Hoboken might not be available in Timbuktu.
    >
    >
    Ok I'll try and help you understand what I'm lookin for..

I'm in Colorado. to tell the truth I'm pretty new to this, LOL I Still use my cerwin vega BIG speaker the v-5's from the mid 90's very good but to big!!!!!., I have 4 of em.....

Ok I am not gonna say I'm even a quarter of the system savvy you good folks are....

I'd like to get a System that lets a movie sound real good and can also make music sound real good.whats the best option for both??, this new 5.1 music interests me..

I saw Some infinity tss-750's speakers and they sounded good!!!! but what do I know.
    I Currently have a yamaha RX-v430 reciever, and from what i read now, its eh, BTW, for questions sake, how would the infinity's work with my current reciever?.....

In ending I'd really just want a good system that kicks in both the movie and music aspects for my price range. So any advice on the mix and match or a box system is appreciated.. I also know everyones ear and taste is different, but all info is greatly appreciated..

Cos

i'm Sorry!!!!!!!! I'd like smaller speakers that really don't take up much space, speakers I've seen that look good to me size wise. yamaha's smaller ones, klipsch-rsx-5 OR 4's...

speakersthat size. I mount 2 rears and put 2 fronts-center speak on top of my tv hutch, possible sub woof in corner of room....

Cos

Forum Regular
    How about the HSU Ventriloquist and VTF-2? Should be able to get both for $660 delivered. Couple those with an Onkyo TX-SR601 receiver for $400 delivered and you could even include an Onkyo DV-SP301 DVD player for $100 delivered. This gives you an excellent system for $1,160.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...rs-3-2004.html

I think this company will also package a Denon Receiver in your price range...

Something like the Energy Take 5 or Paradigm Cinema system will run between $600-$800, and for the receiver you can go with one of Yamaha's closeout entry level models (the RX-V440, 540, 640, and 740, or the equivalent HTR-5640, 5650, and 5660) for $200 to $500. You got more than enough budget to avoid having to go with a prepackaged HTIB. Typically, those systems come with off-the-shelf receiver and/or DVD components, and substandard speakers.

An alternative approach would be to put more of your speaker budget into the front three speakers and add the subwoofer and surround speakers incrementally. By investing in better bookshelf speakers, you can really bump up the performance, and it makes for better subwoofer integration down the line because the bookshelf speakers can better handle lower frequencies.

Forum Regular
    The Orb Audio system is $999 with a full-functioned progressive scan 500 watt JVC DVD/Receiver. Can't beat that. Can upgrade the front speakers to Mod2 within your budget if necessary, too. It is way more than home theater in a box. It is audiophile speakers, sold direct to save $$, paired with a DVD/Receiver that is going to have a lot more functionality than most HTIB systems.

Have you heard these Bryan?

Just curious. Recently posted thread asking about Ventriloquist system and only received 1 reply from someone who actually heard them. Looking for a "budget upgrade" to 6.1 myself and leaning towards HSU sub as part of package.

Forum Regular
    That I have not though would love to. From the reviews they seem to be well received. It is a good deal, especially as it gives you a top notch sub that you will likely keep in your system for years to come.

Thread Information