Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rae

Angry wow, this sucks (edit: the new forum update thread 5/'11)

I've been through what, three software changes on this board?, and this is immediately my least favorite. Making users register again is totally bogus. Besides that, it wouldn't let me register without picking things like "My Primary Interest is either High End Audio or Home Theater." Hey geniuses, it's neither. Color me nonplussed.

Forum Regular
    It ain't that bad.

Could be worse...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    I've been through what, three software changes on this board?, and this is immediately my least favorite. Making users register again is totally bogus. Besides that, it wouldn't let me register without picking things like "My Primary Interest is either High End Audio or Home Theater." Hey geniuses, it's neither. Color me nonplussed.
    We've actually went through the process of copying all the users over to the new system, so you shouldn't have to register again, unless of course, you're using a new email address that wasn't in our old system. The questions in the profile regarding Audio and Home Theater is mainly for others to know why you're here. This is a high end audio and video community, and we want everyone to know which one is your favorite.

this is immediately my least favorite.

But at least now you can use those goofy smiley faces...

Quote Originally Posted by tugmcmartin
    But at least now you can use those goofy smiley faces...
    Yeah, some people may not like the smiley faces, but you can turn that option off in your user options. In fact, if you don't want to see attachments, signatures, or smilies, you can shut that option off so that you don't have to see them. If anyone wants to discuss the options of the new forums, or post issues/complaints, please post them in our feedback forum, not here. Thanks guys.

Forum Regular
    Ya, but now we can't post pictures and all that crap like we used to.

Or can we?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Yeah, some people may not like the smiley faces, but you can turn that option off in your user options. In fact, if you don't want to see attachments, signatures, or smilies, you can shut that option off so that you don't have to see them. If anyone wants to discuss the options of the new forums, or post issues/complaints, please post them in our feedback forum, not here. Thanks guys.
    Hell, i can't figure out HOW TO post the smilies. Of course i'm a computer moron...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Ya, but now we can't post pictures and all that crap like we used to.

Or can we?

Dave
    Sure you can - trust me, anything you could do on the old system, you can do here and then some (except for maybe trolling and changing your username).

To post photos, there is a link on the post form called Manage Attachments. Click that link and it should be pretty self-explanitory from there. Hell, you can attach multiple photos now, not just one

Quote Originally Posted by tugmcmartin
    Hell, i can't figure out HOW TO post the smilies. Of course i'm a computer moron...
    There's an option in your profile that will show you the smilies. You'll see it here:
    http://forums.audioreview.com/profil...do=editoptions

Near the bottom, there's a radio button option that says:
    "Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Toolbar"
    Make sure that is checked.

Forum Regular
    How long will the old forums stay up?

Forum Regular

Smile

I had to re-register just like you, well i thik just like you rae third change and this one is going to take longer to get used to. But anyway will be around as usual

Rae
    We've actually went through the process of copying all the users over to the new system, so you shouldn't have to register again, unless of course, you're using a new email address that wasn't in our old system.
    All right. It didn't work for me but I've heard other people saying differently so I'll take that back.

The questions in the profile regarding Audio and Home Theater is mainly for others to know why you're here. This is a high end audio and video community, and we want everyone to know which one is your favorite.
    Is it? I thought Rave Recordings was a music community.

If anyone wants to discuss the options of the new forums, or post issues/complaints, please post them in our feedback forum, not here.
    No way! I was sounding off to my friends, and I want to hear what they think of the new software. You can choose to ignore my posts if you want.

Forum Regular
    All right. It didn't work for me but I've heard other people saying differently so I'll take that back.
    I can't log in as Stone, but can as Booji Boy. Can I re-register as Stone then? Will I have to submit a different email address than the one for Booji Boy, or can I only have one for every IP address I'm posting from?

Also, I tried to post a picture (as an attachment), but obviously that didn't work.

Please everyone, if you have questions, or need help, please post in the Site Feedback forum:
    http://forums.audioreview.com/forumd...php?forumid=23

We won't be able to answer all questions unless you post them there. This is the Rave Recordings forum, so please try and keep the discussions related to the forum. We won't be able to monitor each and every forum to answer questions that should go in the feedback forum - especially when participation starts picking up drastically.

Is it? I thought Rave Recordings was a music community.

No way! I was sounding off to my friends, and I want to hear what they think of the new software. You can choose to ignore my posts if you want.
    Well, Rave Recordings is one forum inside AudioReview, which is an Audio/Video community. Music is an intricate part of high end audio. What I meant by posting in the feedback forum, is if you want us (the admins) to be apart of the discussions to answer any questions, please post questions there, not here. Pretty soon, with more posts, we won't be able to keep up with every post in every forum, and posts like this that require a response from us could go unseen. If you want an answer from us, please post in the feedback forum so we can stay on top of it. Thanks.

Forum Regular
    We're all a bunch of whiny bastards and don't deal well with change.

Once Troy, Yech, FP, and all those other cats get here and start posting we shall see what happens.

Of course, we will need to start a new comp to celebrate the new forum look and functionality.

Ha!

Dave

Of course, we will need to start a new comp to celebrate the new forum look and functionality. Dave
    "Change" must be in the song somewhere? Title or lyrics? Could be interesting.

<---- Check that out. Maybe i'm not such a computer moron after all. Nah... must be the ease of the new software...

T-

I nominate D. Bowie's "Change" as the opening track.

JD

We're all a bunch of whiny bastards and don't deal well with change.
    Hey, you said it not me

Our AudioReview community is probably our most vocal and picky of all our sites, except maybe for our MtbReview community - they're damn vocal and like to complain too. I feel bad for the site manager over there (who sits across from me) when they change to the new software. They'll be screaming bloody murder, as they do when there's any type of change. You'd think they were a bunch of 75 year olds who get upset when their fabric softener gets discontinued

Stone!!!!!!!

Man, lots of "No see in many moons" people showing up.

JD

Forum Regular
    This works for me. How soon until this will be the first place you look at AR, and not the old site?

[You can edit too!]

This software is very common around the web. It's about time AR caught up.
    Last edited by jasn; 11-12-2003 at 12:45 PM.

Forum Regular
    except maybe for our MtbReview community - they're damn vocal and like to complain too. I feel bad for the site manager over there (who sits across from me) when they change to the new software. They'll be screaming bloody murder, as they do when there's any type of change. You'd think they were a bunch of 75 year olds who get upset when their fabric softener gets discontinued
    I'm so glad we don't have any of those whiny mountain-biking *****es around this place....

Forum Regular
    Finch will soon show up and start posting pictures of his skinny ass legs and all while whirring down a hill at 45 MPH!

Dave

Lightbulb Well hey now! I can post

I'll bet bucks that Chris rigged it up since I never did get my email telling me how to activate the account. Rae, this isn't my idea of a great thing either but I'm going to give it some time before I make a final judgement. I've never spent much time trying to figure out all of the gadgets, doodads, and what-nots of this forum software so maybe it'll grow on me. At least I can post now, and that's a step in the right direction.

regards,
    jc

A few kinks to work out yet.

But so far not bad. I had problems posting but Chris fixed that. Can't get my avatar to work. Keeps telling me something went wrong with the upload even though I've sized it correctly. Couple of other minor bugs; user profile won't update, can't run in stealth mode that sort of thing. Not sure if it's just me or are there any others out there experiencing these problems as well.

Private messaging works good. I like that feature.

The ignore feature works good too. If you get tired, or are already tired of, reading someones drivel, just put them in the ignore box. When they post all you see is their moniker. That's all.

Darren

PS. Love the fact that I can edit my post.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information