Forum Regular

Anyone using in-walls?

I bought a pair of M&S WG 150W in-wall speakers around six weeks ago on ebay. I intended to use them for rear surround duty but the manual has me concerned a little bit. It says NOT to mount them on an outside wall and that's where I intended to mount one of them.

I understand their reasoning but would it be out of the question to ignore their suggestion/warning and mount them on an outside wall anyway? Would squishing the batt insulation in my walls be a serious concern?

I COULD mount both them on an interior wall but it wouldn't be the optimal location.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 98CRV
    I understand their reasoning but...
    What is their reasoning?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevio
    What is their reasoning?
    They don't give an explicit reason but other online forums mentioned that it most likely has to do with the vapor barrier.

I didn't get any response on this forum so I went elsewhere.

I think I'm gonna ditch the sidewall mounting idea and either mount them on the interior wall behind the seating area or possibly the ceiling.

Seems like the outside wall would be more likely to have condensation issues caused by the temperature difference. It isn't hurting your insulation, though...just reducing its effectiveness in one small spot.

Thread Information