AR Newbie Registered Member

DCM 200 Speakers

Has anyone heard these speakers,found a few reviews was wondering if any one had listened to them..Thanks

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I went to the DCM site and did not find anything called a DCM-200. There is a TFE-200 but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to when you say DCM-200. I am a big fan of older DCM speakers, in particular the Time Frame series. Not a lot of fans out there of DCM speakers since they were bought up by MTX but the only ears that count are your own.

Here is a link to the TFE-200 that you might find useful.

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/products/cabinet/tfe200.htm

AR Newbie Registered Member

Dcm Tfe-200

Yeah,that's the speaker,the current Time Frame Evolution 200.Just wondering what anyone who had heard it thought about its sound.Sorry I didnt post it's formal name.

Crank it up, dude! huh? hydroman's Avatar
    They are worth a listen - but they were not my taste. I thought they sounded 'thin'.
    H/K AVR635 7.1
    Denon DVD900
    AE AEGIS III Mains
    ION USB Turntable w/ Shure M97XE
    15" Titanic III Sealed Enclosure Sub
    Dayton Rackmount 1000W :O
    Denon Surrounds
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2000

Forum Regular
    I've had the center channel speaker DCM for 14 years now and going. It has KX-Center on back label and 2 - 5" midranges and a very small tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by smpha8
    I've had the center channel speaker DCM for 14 years now and going. It has KX-Center on back label and 2 - 5" midranges and a very small tweeter.
    Smpha8

What do you think of your center channel? I am guessing after 14 years you are happy with it but I was wondering if you could give some details.

I have an all DCM HT using TF-600's in front and CX-27's in the back. I am using an original DCM center channel speaker which has 2 4" mid-ranges and a 3/4" tweeter. It seems okay but a little muted possibly because the TF's overwhelm it despite my EQ efforts. The KX series is a bit later in DCM's line up from what I own so I have been hesitiant to pick up a KX CC the few times I have come across it.

BTW-welcome to AR!

Forum Regular

DCM center channel

I'm not replacing it because it works well with my home theater and music hookup. The dialog is great still and sound is good. I have a listing in the forum-home theater section. Stop by and take a look at my system in there under title (sub hookup). Thanks--Steve

Well...

I once scored some old DCM's for an ex-girlfriends teenaged boys. They were 3-ways with a 12 in em. They sounded suprisingly good and were un-killable. I think they're better than average basic speakers that give good value for the money.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I once scored some old DCM's for an ex-girlfriends teenaged boys. They were 3-ways with a 12 in em. They sounded suprisingly good and were un-killable. I think they're better than average basic speakers that give good value for the money.

Da Worfster
    As I have mentioned here before I would put some pre-Mitek DCM speakers on the sleeper list of used speakers out there. The CX series, Time Frame series 500 + and the Time Windows are good imaging speakers. I am exited about getting a pair of Time Windows here in a couple of weeks.

Thread Information