AR Newbie Registered Member

Logitech Z-5500 vs Logitech Z-2300

Ok, so here's the deal:

I am a casual listener of music and I also play some games. I know that 5.1 is better for gaming and 2.1 is better for music but I don't think I will be able to tell the difference.

For the surround sound on the Z-5500, I don't have a surround sound set-up in my room. Is it difficult and expensive to install? Or what is the easiest way to get surround sound. If it is very difficult to get the surround sound, I think I will go with the 2300 unless you guys suggest anything else.

Thanks a lot.

I'm not really certain what you are asking here but I'll try to answer.

For surround sound, if you have a sound card in your computer that supports it, then it's simply a matter of buying the surround sound speakers, plugging them in, and positioning them around the room. Most people (I think) either will put the rear two speakers on stands or mount them on walls. There should be a test pattern of sounds on the drivers/installation disc that you can play and listen to to make sure that each speaker is in the correct position in the room.

I hope this is what you were asking about. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can do better!
    Klipsch RB-35 fronts
    Klipsch RB-5 rears
    Klipsch RC-62 center
    Klipsch LF-10 sub
    Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
    Panasonic TH-50PZ800U TV
    Panasonic DMP-BD35P BD Player

Thread Information