Week 10: 25 Best Live Records of All Time

Well, after the huge response last week, I couldn't wait to get this week's selection posted.

Metallic K.O.--Iggy And The Stooges: How often do you hear bottles breaking on the stage? How many versions of “Louie Louie” does the world need? If Iggy Pop falls off a stage but nobody catches him, does that mean G.G. Allin died in vain? If you wanted more songs, you might want to substitute the Dead Boys’ Night Of The Living Dead Boys. Otherwise, this will fulfill your punk quotient.

The Iggy shows are legendary, and I only regret that I never got to see him/them. I'm sure old enough to have had the opportunities, but for whatever reason, never bought the tickets. Oh well.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    I've never heard this album, but I can say that The Stooges' incendiary show at last year's Lollapalooza was an incredible thrill for all who witnessed it. When Iggy told the crowd to come join him on stage, I thought he must have a death-wish. But when they did, he and the band didn't miss a note. Awesome.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I haven't heard this in over 20 years. An old roommate had a copy. I do remember it being difficult to listen to--kind of abrasive even for me. That I didn't think enough of it at the time to even make a cassette of for myself is not something I've ever really regretted. I would like to give it another listen at some point, but, having seen the re-formed Stooges a few years ago, I don't think this could measure up. They should've done a live album instead of that lousy rec they did do.

I think this one's a reach.

I don't like others.

Thread Information