Cool New remaster Godfather released.

Two weeks ago, Paramount released the new restored version of Godfather trilogy along with new cover art (supervised by Coppola) on Bluray/DVD format and reviews has been pretty positive. The new transfer do not seem to be a jaw dropping experience due to age of original material, but it has been cleaned up and slightly brighter.

I have (2001 version) of GF trilogy and must all three, GFIII seem to have worse transfer as it is too dark and contain alot of “crushing blacks”. Hopefully those problem have been addressed in new restored version.

Here are some grab shots from the new edition:

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    This will be the 4th version of these movies that I'll have purchased.

I'm not too concerned about the darkness or transfer quality. Personally, I felt the DVD's gave it a more classic film like grain to it...

I think expectations need to be managed a bit when it comes to remastering 30 year old films on BluRay but I'm interested to see how it looks and sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I think expectations need to be managed a bit when it comes to remastering 30 year old films on BluRay but I'm interested to see how it looks and sounds...
    That is exactly the same thing most reviews are saying about the new transfer. The movie still have that darkens look (albeit slightly brighter) and some grain for better film quality.

This will be the 4th version of these movies that I'll have purchased.
    VHS do not count

Thread Information