Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey, guys!

Suspended

Hey, guys!

I'm trying to upload a couple of photos of my latest DIY project and I've forgotten how to do it. Since my kids aren't around to talk me through it, I'm appealing to the good members of this forum: could someone please tell me, step by step, using small words, how to post these pictures in the DIY section of the gallery?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I'm old and techno-challenged, but I know that there has to be someone out there who needs a shot of good kharma today. Here's your chance!
    Last edited by RoyY51; 08-30-2008 at 06:06 PM.

PDN
    Forum Regular
    Roy:

When you start a new thread, you'll notice at the top of the message box area a "paper clip" icon. If you click that, it will allow you to insert photos from your computer. Click "browse" and it will bring you to the root directory in your PC. Many of us store photos in "My Pictures" which can be found under "My Documents if you're using WinXP or similar. Then scroll down to the photo you want to insert, click on it, the hit "upload". That should do it. Try it. As a word of caution, always double check that you've selected the exact photo you want to upload just to be sure. Give it a shot.

Suspended

Thank you!

The wife here,

I am not seeing the paperclip. I am normally pretty adept at this and just can't seem to figure this out. We have an old computer system, could that be the problem? While in "my photos", I clicked on download photos and it said something like "sorry, you do not have permission to download photos." This if frustrating me as I am usually able to do things like this. I really appreciate your time!

Roy's Wife

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey Roy's Wife...and Roy,

Look in the upper grey area of the "Message " field on the "Reply To Thread"page. There should be a blue "A" then a blank field or two, an underlined blue "A", a white smiley face, and to the right of that, the little paperclip symbol.

Clicking on the paperclip symbol should allow you to browse your photo section and attach or upload photos. Should you still receive the "sorry, you do not have permission to download photos." message you may want to check who's logged on, as sometimes only local administrators are set up to download...nevermind...you must have hit the wrong symbol...you're trying to upload a picture.

Good to have you both around.

---sticks

Suspended

Attn: any site admin.

After following the suggestions from the above well-informed members, I am still receiving the message that I "don't have permission to upload photos". Is there anything that you Folks in Charge can do to change this? I was allowed to upload them before, so why not now? Who's permission do I need to get?

My wife says it's OK, if that helps...
    Last edited by RoyY51; 09-03-2008 at 06:51 AM.

Suspended
    So you're trying to get photo's into AR.com's "Photo Gallery" correct? Specifically the "Audioreview.com Kit & other DIY". Is that right Roy?

Suspended
    You are correct, sir. Any thoughts?

Suspended
    Getting photos into the Gallery has always been a source of confusion for me Roy, but right now I'm in my Gallery and I'm not seeing any way to upload photos. I'm in Gallery Index ==> Member Galleries ==> Rich-n-Texas, but a link that allows me to upload photos is not appearing. Don't know why that is, but I'll continue to research and see what I find.

I know that whenever you post a pic in a thread it shows up in your gallery. It's the only way I know of to get them there.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    That makes sense, but how does it know which gallery to post it in...DIY, Home Theater, Stereo...?

You've got me good there Roy &/or wifey. I've been poking around the gallery section trying to find a way. So far, no clue. If I do find a way I'll be back.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    That makes sense, but how does it know which gallery to post it in...DIY, Home Theater, Stereo...?
    It puts them in your own Member Gallery, probably based on your username.

I'm still not understanding why, all of a sudden I don't have a link that allows me to place pictures into my own gallery.

Maybe an informed mod will make his way into this thread and help us out.

Suspended

Hey! Informed Mod!

Over here!

Suspended
    I just read in another post ("PM SPAM threads merge", General, pg. 2) that Atomic Adam did a "restricting of permissions"to thwart a spammer who posted an objectionable picture. Could this have something to do with our inability to upload pictures in the galleries?

gallery upload link

did you try this link highlighted in this picture? Another thing, make sure you are logged into the gallery. Since the gallery is hosted at gallery.audioreivew.com and the forums are at forums.audioreview.com you may need to re-log in due to the sub domain switch.

I also talked to our engineer who said the permissions for uploading to the gallery haven't been changed in years. So you'll should be good to upload an image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey, guys!-gallery_upload.jpg  

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad008
    Hey Folks,

Just got a PM about this thread. I didn't do anything I know of but I will ask engineering if they did and I'll hunt down the problem/s and let you all know what is up.

-adam
    Oh geeeez. I thought Vlad008 was a spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Oh geeeez. I thought Vlad008 was a spammer.
    Don't tell me you reported his post as SPAM?

no - the vlad008 account is just another account - sorry about the confusion.

-adam

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Don't tell me you reported his post as SPAM?
    I don't remember.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    did you try this link highlighted in this picture? Another thing, make sure you are logged into the gallery. Since the gallery is hosted at gallery.audioreivew.com and the forums are at forums.audioreview.com you may need to re-log in due to the sub domain switch.

I also talked to our engineer who said the permissions for uploading to the gallery haven't been changed in years. So you'll should be good to upload an image.
    atomicAdam:

When I go to Gallerys, "upload photos" is not on my bar. I am logged on ( it recognizes "My Photos" and says" "Welcome RoyY51") but the upload option is nowhere to be seen. Just "Gallery Index" and "Search". Any chance you could pull up this page (under my login) and take a look?
    Last edited by RoyY51; 09-11-2008 at 04:07 PM.

yeah, here too...

I'm logged in to the gallery, it also recognizes my photos and also says 'welcome, Basite', but the 'upload photos' button is nowhere to be found...

keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Code Monkey Registered Member MikeG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    I just read in another post ("PM SPAM threads merge", General, pg. 2) that Atomic Adam did a "restricting of permissions"to thwart a spammer who posted an objectionable picture. Could this have something to do with our inability to upload pictures in the galleries?
    That was the problem. Thanks for the detailed info and sorry for the confusion. Y'all should be able to upload photos now.

Suspended
    Attention attention! MikeG is NOT, I repeat... NOT a spammer. Don't hit that exclamation triangle! He's a Code Monkey with a bicycle helmet.

Suspended

Nope, not yet...

There is still no "Upload Photos" button and I still don't have permission to do so.

Suspended
    You're not alone RoyY. It may have already been suggested, but have you tried logging out and back in since MikeG (?) fixed the problem. I'm going to try that as soon as I find my password.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information