Acoustic Research?

Does AR even make speakers anymore?

Computer and auto speakers don't count--- not in my twisted mind, anyways.

Dave
    Main System; McIntosh MA6900, Pro-Ject 6.1/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Magnum Dynalab MD90, Altec Lansing A7.

Library System;
    Denon POA1500, HK Citation Seventeen, Luxman PD264/Grado Z2+, Infinity RS7.

the only connection with Acoustic Research today and the company of twenty years ago is the name. i think the last good speaker they made was the AR 303 which was an update of the classic AR3a. for all things AR related see http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Bill L
    About a year and a half ago I bought an Acoustic Research brand HT-in-a-box. 4 AR 6 satellites, center channel, and 10" sub. The sub is terrible, center channel and sats are pretty good, fairly heavy for their size. Piano black finish looks nice. Made in China.

I don't know if there are other speakers from AR, but I think there are. All made in China for sure.

Bill
    Music:
    Magnepan 1.6 QR's, upgraded xovers
    B&K 125.2 reference amp
    SONY SACD 2000ES
    Technics direct drive TT

HT:
    Yamaha RX-V2500 receiver
    Bang&Olofsun Penta Surrounds
    SONY Bravia 46" HD LCD

Quote Originally Posted by bubslewis
    About a year and a half ago I bought an Acoustic Research brand HT-in-a-box. 4 AR 6 satellites, center channel, and 10" sub. The sub is terrible, center channel and sats are pretty good, fairly heavy for their size. Piano black finish looks nice. Made in China.

I don't know if there are other speakers from AR, but I think there are. All made in China for sure.

Bill
    So sad. Another great name----attached to junk.
    Main System; McIntosh MA6900, Pro-Ject 6.1/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Magnum Dynalab MD90, Altec Lansing A7.

Library System;
    Denon POA1500, HK Citation Seventeen, Luxman PD264/Grado Z2+, Infinity RS7.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I recently picked up a pair of AR wireless speakers for $10 at the local thrift because they mistakenly thought they were computer speakers so that should tell you something right there. When looking up the model I found that BB is still basically selling this same model as their only wireless speaker offering.

I can't say how the ones I have sound because I need a plug attachment for the transmitter. From what reviews on these I have read it looks like $10 was probably the right price so I guess you can cross another brand off your list.

Thread Information