Thread: Pioneer SX-9000

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Pioneer SX-9000

Attached are pics of new piece I came across and was able to pick up on the cheap.
    Not sure how to hook up the speakers with these T connections.

One more pic of the front.........

ive got a sx 1500td with those same connections. there is a place online you can order from. cant remember off the top of my head. maybe parts express. give them a visit.try audiokarma for info.

Budget-

Thanks for the info. I did find several sites that say they sell them but when you go to the part it turns out to be a spade connector that you crimp on to the speaker wire. That will work though it makes me kind of nervous. There is another site I found that sells the original connectors or something very similat and they want $15 a pair. With shipping that is almost as much as I paid for the unit in the first place.......

I was going to give Rat Shack and a couple of other local places a shot and see what I can come up with before trying to order them. I am going on the road again this week so it will join the list of other audio projects waiting to get done....

you might also wana try pioneer they might have them. ask them if they are familiar with what you are needing. i included a photo of how they look like.see if you can use these to show your seller for the item.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Got it hooked up tonight and unit is a keeper. Tuner section probably still needs some help but the tape and CD player I hooked up to it sound very good. Unit produces some incredible low and tight bass. Very powerful.

Congrats, Kid

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Attached are pics of new piece I came across and was able to pick up on the cheap.
    Not sure how to hook up the speakers with these T connections.
    The SX-9000 is a great vintage from the early '70s. It was hugely powerful for that time interval. Check out the blurb at Classicaudio.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    The SX-9000 is a great vintage from the early '70s. It was hugely powerful for that time interval. Check out the blurb at Classicaudio.com.
    Thanks F

It is a fun piece and has some unique buttons/controls and displays such as the Tone Color selector. Nice wood cabinet but I think I might spruce it up a bit with either a real good cleaning or sand/stain treatment.

Forum Regular

Pioneer SX 9000

Just picked one up this week amd it's one nice receiver There was a problem with the volume pot (scratchy and droping rt channel) I Deoxit the pot but the rt channel kept fading out. I followed the wires to the pre/amp switch and gave it a shot of deoxit,Moved the lever up and down a few times and it solved the problem ( dirty switch).
    The sound coming from this receiver is fantastic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pioneer SX-9000-img_0682.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0675.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0674.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0678.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0668.jpg  

Forum Regular
    Thanks F

It is a fun piece and has some unique buttons/controls and displays such as the Tone Color selector. Nice wood cabinet but I think I might spruce it up a bit with either a real good cleaning or sand/stain treatment.
    I second that opinion It sounds even better than it looks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pioneer SX-9000-img_0627.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0639.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0646.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0648.jpg   Pioneer SX-9000-img_0603.jpg  

Kydog

Welcome to AR and welcome to the club of at least 2 people here who own this unit....
    Looks like you did a great job cleaning yours up and I thank you for mentioning your solution to the scratchy volume problem since mine sort of has a similar problem.
    Your lamps seem to be in better shape than mine so maybe I have some work to do there as well. I have been spending alot of time on the road and other than a speaker refoam project I really have not got to some of my DIY projects like rehabing my unit.

What speakers are you running on your unit?

Forum Regular
    Kydog

Welcome to AR and welcome to the club of at least 2 people here who own this unit....
    Looks like you did a great job cleaning yours up and I thank you for mentioning your solution to the scratchy volume problem since mine sort of has a similar problem.
    Your lamps seem to be in better shape than mine so maybe I have some work to do there as well. I have been spending alot of time on the road and other than a speaker refoam project I really have not got to some of my DIY projects like rehabing my unit.

What speakers are you running on your unit?
    Thanks for the welcome!! I have not decided on my speaker choice as of yet, Wanted to give it a good cleaning and work out the minor problems first. All lights work on mine, I believe that whoever owned it couldn't get the right channel to stay on, So they sold it I can tell that it was well kept otw, Because the lamps appear new and the inside was very clean.My speaker choice; New large Advents or Dynaco A 25's. I might try them on a pair of Pioneer CS R700 first.

Quote Originally Posted by kydog
    Thanks for the welcome!! I have not decided on my speaker choice as of yet, Wanted to give it a good cleaning and work out the minor problems first. All lights work on mine, I believe that whoever owned it couldn't get the right channel to stay on, So they sold it I can tell that it was well kept otw, Because the lamps appear new and the inside was very clean.My speaker choice; New large Advents or Dynaco A 25's. I might try them on a pair of Pioneer CS R700 first.
    well as you can tell from my other posts I am partial to "East Coast" sound speakers so I think you can"t go wrong with the Advents or Dynaco's. Not familiar enough with the Pioneer's to comment. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Thread Information