Web Publisher/Reviewer IMHOAudio's Avatar

Smile Humble 1st Post From Reviewer!

Hello all!
    First time poster here; just saying hello and hoping you’ll join me/us in the celebration of this AWESOME hobby …and for some of us a lifestyle! In the next bit, I’ll be posting some reviews off of our free site, interacting with, and learning from all of that knowledge you all have out there!
    Very Humbly ,
    -Jason

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums!

What type of reviews are these--music, film, other? Should spark some discussions, and that's a good thing...

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Judging by the comments under his nickname he reviews Web Publishers...or maybe web sites...

Wow...woudn't it be totally weird to do a review of a review website?

Welcome to ar.com.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Whoops...so much for my grasp of the obvious.

Smile

Thanks Bob! Glad to be here!
    You're our first “welcomer”... I'll remember you!

We are somewhat "niche-y" we are reviewing Speakers specifically, in REAL domestic environments with some industry Q & A- type interviews and content.

That being said, in the future we WILL be segueing into music reviews... in good time! We're VERY Grassroots free publication here and are not out to get rich doing this, just a bunch of people trying to do something different, unbiased, and casual... and my GOD have some fun doing it!! Not very stodgy, that's for SURE!
    Humbly,
    -Jason

Talking

No Kexo, that’s MY bad…. I’m both the head reviewer AND the publisher… I also take out the garbage, feed people and make a KILLER espresso around here…. REAL corporate!
    Thanks for the greeting!
    I think we’ll have some fun here!
    -J.

...just posted a first review... under speakers.... Onix Strata Mini....LONG.... but we are different!!

Quote Originally Posted by IMHOAudio
    ...just posted a first review... under speakers.... Onix Strata Mini....LONG.... but we are different!!
    Welcome to AR. Glad to have you around. Sorry that this post is so short, but I have to rush off to read the review you did of my speakers.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

GM! Thanks.. please let me know what you think.....

GM! Thanks.. please let me know what you think.....
    Very nice. I agree with everything you said, including the highs. They have enough, but a little extra would be more of what I'm used to.
    If you check out the 3rd of my favorite links below, you'll find my review of them. I'm not much of a writer, but I have my moments.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Ajani
    Hello all!
    First time poster here; just saying hello and hoping you’ll join me/us in the celebration of this AWESOME hobby …and for some of us a lifestyle! In the next bit, I’ll be posting some reviews off of our free site, interacting with, and learning from all of that knowledge you all have out there!
    Very Humbly ,
    -Jason
    Welcome to AR.... it's always good to have new members breathing fresh life into the forums...

Quick question: what's the address for your site? I like online review sites and having read your review of the Mini, I'm interested to see more reviews....

Also, do you review a specific price range of speakers?

Thanks SO much G.M.; much appreciated! I'll check out your review in just a bit....

Ajani; thanks for the welcome and good words.... you guys humble me!
    I don't want to monopolize this site to flow traffic to ours, but you can find it by clicking on my moniker (the IMHOAudio) on my posts and find my site on "my Homepage" there...you have to register -for free- to see all the reviews, etc.
    Again I resepectfully DON'T want to take away from what this forum / site has to offer... however let me know what you think!

Talking

G.M.; GREAT Review; well done! Awesome pix as well. You pointed something out to me that I missed … I didn’t state that all of the review was completed sans grills… thanks for the reminder….. again I can learn SO much from you all! If you ever get a chance to snag a pair of ERT’s I HIGHLY recommend them….. just brings our further “air” with the Mini’s….too bad it looks as though AV123 has stopped carrying them…. I DO know of a couple of other options that are REASONABLY priced if you are interested… most super-tweeters are CRAZY priced….
    Again, great job!

G.M.; GREAT Review; well done! (Thanks) Awesome pix as well. You pointed something out to me that I missed … I didn’t state that all of the review was completed sans grills(Huh? Is "sans" a typo? ) thanks for the reminder….. again I can learn SO much from you all! (All you can learn from me is how to be a smart a$$) If you ever get a chance to snag a pair of ERT’s I HIGHLY recommend them….. just brings our further “air” with the Mini’s….too bad it looks as though AV123 has stopped carrying them….(I noticed that too.) I DO know of a couple of other options that are REASONABLY priced if you are interested… most super-tweeters are CRAZY priced…. (I've had a couple of the Realistic (Rat Shak) Super tweeters over the years. They don't work bad. But I wouldn't want to place them on my Mini's. Maybe I could find another place for them. Do you know which one sound best? (that you know of for cheap)
    Again, great job!
    Aww thanks...

Talking

Sorry Ajani… too much coffee, not enough attention ! I missed the second part of your question to me.
    Yes, we review speakers in three rooms, within three budget ranges; if you don’t get a chance to make it over to the site, they are as follows:
    Dedicated 5.1 Listening Room: $2000.00 – $4000.00, for the mains.
    Medium Living Room: $1000.00 - $1999.00.
    Home Office: <$999.99

Hope this helps!
    Thanks….. I’ll cool it with the coffee for a bit… time for my afternoon run…. Check back with everyone in a bit…. Please feel free to contact me via this site, or mine if you have any q’s!
    Talk to you all in a bit…..

Hey G.M. .... you just got me going out the door.... the only other REASONABLY priced ribbon super-tweeter that I have experience with (the others are 1000.00 & over …. SILLY amount, I’m sorry, but I’ll default to I.M.H.O.! ), are these at almost 600.00 / pair:
    http://estore.websitepros.com/1736754/Detail.bok?no=323
    I do like ‘em though and they are great quality.

Let me know if you pick ‘em up; I’d like to get your feedback..

O.k…… NOW I’m outta here for a bit… this is TOO much fun…..

Whoa! I don't think that I'm missing $600.00 worth of high end. A little more would be nice, but I don't think I need it. $600 would go towards an amp first.

Mr. G.M. ..(does my laziness bother you, or do you prefer I refer to you by your whole name?)…
    THIS dude abides…. And I like your style… .... $300.00 difference is audible, $600.00 ….. hmmmm… tough to hear … I’d probably only be tempted by that, personally, if I had a poorer or restricted set of tweeters in something … or wanted to experience what ribbons can do … mind you for $600.00 (and all due serious respect to LCY) there are a few EXCELLENT ribbon-based SPEAKERS I can recommend for that much! And I’m a bit of a ribbon/planar “freakoid”….
    …see begin your own ‘Zine and start your own language…… I think Freud had a comment along those lines…..

Mr. G.M. ..(does my laziness bother you, or do you prefer I refer to you by your whole name?)…
    THIS dude abides…. And I like your style… .... $300.00 difference is audible, $600.00 ….. hmmmm… tough to hear … I’d probably only be tempted by that, personally, if I had a poorer or restricted set of tweeters in something … or wanted to experience what ribbons can do … mind you for $600.00 (and all due serious respect to LCY) there are a few EXCELLENT ribbon-based SPEAKERS I can recommend for that much! And I’m a bit of a ribbon/planar “freakoid”….
    …see begin your own ‘Zine and start your own language…… I think Freud had a comment along those lines…..
    Lazy? Most people around here don't even bother with the G.M. All I get is GM, and sometimes just gm. It all works.

I have a style? Cool. Don't tell anyone. They'll all want some.

I feel in love with the planner ribbon sound a few years ago when I heard my first set of 3.6 Magnapans. Been chasing that sound ever sinse. I think these Mini's do a good of blending that sound with a little more dynamics.

Thanks G.M.; you’re a good man.
    Yes, the first ribbon experience seems to open ones eyes, or more correctly EARS… mine was a set of Newform Research R8’s…. details, details, details….. and much like you, I have chased that audio memory for some time…. Good stuff!
    Yeah, the Minis are hard to beat… especially for value …
    .. I’m going to submit a few more reviews in a bit, including another speaker review….
    Cheers!

Thread Information