Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Anybody Member of other forums on the net?

I know few members here that are also members of other audio/video forums on the net. Such as MarkW, E-STAT, Jneutron, Pat_D that post reguraly in Audioasylum. So was wondering if there are any other members here that post in other discussion forums on the net regularly (or occasionally).

So I go first

I am also member of AVS CRT TV forum and go by the name Bobby_D. I have a CRT TV and it is fun to hang in that discussion board and chat with fellow CRT owners.

Here is recent posting (post #32): HDTV- is it really worth it?

And one from while back (#7 &11): "issues" viewing direct view TV's

And this was suppose to be my own little secret, but what the hell. I also use to post in Audioasylum Cable forum under the name Tony Montana until got banned couple of years ago By Jon Risch on this post: Attention Tony Montana

I also post on Audiokarma (reguraly), also under the name Basite...

and I suppose I'm on other forums too, but I'm probably not active there anymore...

AK & AR are the main forums

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Audio Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I know few members here that are also members of other audio/video forums on the net. Such as MarkW, E-STAT, Jneutron, Pat_D that post reguraly in Audioasylum. So was wondering if there are any other members here that post in other discussion forums on the net regularly (or occasionally).

So I go first

And this was suppose to be my own little secret, but what the hell. I also use to post in Audioasylum Cable forum under the name Tony Montana until got banned couple of years ago By Jon Risch on this post: Attention Tony Montana
    I post quite often at Audio Asylum under the same moniker. I'm registered at several other audio forums but rarely post.

I post occassional at Good Music Guide, a classical music forum, under the same moniker.

As for the AA thread you showed us, man! , l love Rod M (chief honcho at AA)'s comment, "Just don't use the Freedom of Speech argument because the Asylum doesn't have limits and places additional limits in certain venues like Cables. We'll never allow full freedom because to do so would degrade the purpose and the value of the venue. Take a look at AudioReview's cable forum to see what happens when the naysayers take over." Freedom of expression be bugger. Really sound's like Baptist sunday school.

But then personally I've had the wisdom not to post in Cable forums in either place. It is my experience, (which is by no means limitless), that cables make very little difference, not to say none, in entry and mid-range systems. Maybe they do in the likes of E-Stat's, but that's a step beyond.

But I've had the forbearance not to aggravate the True Believers. It's rude to ridicule people's religion and I usually don't, (Republicans excepted).
    Last edited by Feanor; 06-07-2008 at 12:21 PM.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

mostly at AAsylum

but also at karma and circle. vinyl engine too. not much at audiogon because my moniker ther is tommy_in_sylmar and its difficult to get them to change your moniker.
    ...regards...tr

Suspended

And this was suppose to be my own little secret, but what the hell. I also use to post in Audioasylum Cable forum under the name Tony Montana until got banned couple of years ago By Jon Risch on this post:
    Really. Holy change of persona from the murderous cocaine dealer to the kindly deputy! I revisited some of our chats. At one point, you said you had actually never done any cable comparisons. Has that changed?

As for the ban, you were simply advised to post over at Prop Head. Which of course you did. Big deal.

rw

edIt: To answer the question, I also post on st.owners.com. "ST" stands for sport touring and refers to a particular Honda motorcycle.
    Last edited by E-Stat; 06-07-2008 at 02:42 PM.

I post in 3reef.com a saltwater fish and reef forum.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I'm a non-posting mamber on the 'Gon.

Rich, you forgot to mention your affiliation with www.paladin-press.com enjoy the visit from your friendly, neighborhood FBI agent

Suspended
    SH!T!!! I can't see that white text on this crappy little laptop.

I'ma gonna get you sticky, right after I finish watching Yes Live at Montreux!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    SH!T!!! I can't see that white text on this crappy little laptop.

I'ma gonna get you sticky, right after I finish watching Yes Live at Montreux!
    Do jah best chicken huntin,piggy pie. I think I hear sirens now. Look outside, any brown vans?

Suspended
    Sticks, the only liberal ass I know would be of NO interest to the FBI.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I am registered on Stereophile, avsforum and also enjoythemusic hoping to win free things. I also belong to two personal sites.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Other Forums

AVS
    Lansing Heritage
    Chrysler's TC by Maserati
    Trance-Mix
    AudiogoN
    Edmunds

All under various monikers, some with thousands of posts, some with hundreds, some with a few. I tend to ebb and flow in posting from site to site.
    I like sulung tang.

Forum Regular
    I post on audiogon under sprink and on a couple of Harley forums under jimib

Thanks everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I As for the AA thread you showed us, man! , l love Rod M (chief honcho at AA)'s comment, "Just don't use the Freedom of Speech argument because the Asylum doesn't have limits and places additional limits in certain venues like Cables. We'll never allow full freedom because to do so would degrade the purpose and the value of the venue. Take a look at AudioReview's cable forum to see what happens when the naysayers take over." Freedom of expression be bugger. Really sound's like Baptist sunday school.
    I really believe Rod M was more worried about AA traffic than freedom of speech. Alot of members in Cable forum carry "M" next to their moniker (Manufacture) and directly answered member questions about their cables thus turning cable forum into kind of go-between users and manufactures. And Rod did not want to mess up that arrangement as it created alot of traffic (I could be wrong though, but that is my gut feeling).

Some members like Duster spend years keep swapping their cables in their system, and from sound of their recent review of their latest purchase, one would think that he might have finally found what he is looking for. But after couple of months, here he comes with another review of his new bought cable and previous one in the classified section.

Quote Originally Posted by E-STAT
    Really. Holy change of persona from the murderous cocaine dealer to the kindly deputy! I revisited some of our chats. At one point, you said you had actually never done any cable comparisons. Has that changed?
    No it hasn't changed. I have learned to move on

But I remeber alot of chats we had together. Do you remember the chat we had about Pioneer Elite receiver

No it hasn't changed. I have learned to move on
    That's certainly fine, but I place zero value in those who base their opinions solely upon that which they read (or in the case of mtry, what he can understand as well). I'd rather discuss such issues with those who have some experience in the matter.

But I remeber alot of chats we had together. Do you remember the chat we had about Pioneer Elite receiver
    I didn't until I did a search. Thanks for the laugh. BTW, I have two Pioneer Elite CDPs.

rw

I post on AV123, AV.com, Audioholics, and Hudson Valley APA. All under the same name. I also lurk on a half dozen more.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I am a movie reviewer at Bluray.com, same name as here, but without the Terrible
    AVSforum.com same name as here, but without the Terrible
    And here at audioreview, with the Terrible intact!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Aging Smartass
    I post periodically on SoundThinking.org, less frequently on audiovideorevolution.com, and very rarely on quadraphonicquad.com. I used to post on audiokarma, but got banned from there a few years ago due to a "disagreement" with two of the site's mods. From what I've been able to ascertain, I'm one of many folks banned from there, and for equally silly reasons. Oh well, live's full of its ups and downs, isn't it?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I am a movie reviewer at Bluray.com, same name as here, but without the Terrible
    AVSforum.com same name as here, but without the Terrible
    And here at audioreview, with the Terrible intact!
    Yeah, no joke!

Okay, I'll come clean... A/V forums:

AR.com forum - Babble on endlessly without any specific goals in mind.
    AVS forum - lurk mostly but even that becomes too overwhelming at times
    Audioholics - A couple of posts about my experience with 6th Ave, but essentially no participation there.
    Emotiva forums - The Amp/Preamp section is for the most part dead as a door nail.

Computer forums:

TechIMO - An all round excellent forum where I learned a lot about computer building and overclocking.
    Rage3D - When I owned an ATI graphics card I got many of my questions answered. Too bad the cards' drivers are such POS's.
    NVNEWS - Joined this one when I built my newest computer with an nVidia graphics card. Works like a champ so I don't visit there too often anymore.

Automotive forums:

LS1.com - LS1 is the name GM gives it's "corporate" motors that are found in various platforms. This is the very first VBB I participated in. Met a lot of people with the same interests as me during car shows and racing events. It's been probably five years since I've visited.
    LS1Tech - Essentially the same as above. Fewer personal attacks and vendor bashing at this one though.

Nope, you don't get any of my user ID's!

JSE
    Here.

Audioholics as Shinerman although I can't remeber the last time I posted or even read the forums.

3 or 4 Photography Forums as JSE or my real name

Dallas Forums, http://www.vanillaice378.proboards74.com/, as Licalotapous.

JSE

I'm a member but rarely post at:

AVS
    Audioholics
    PS3
    Bluray
    DVDtalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Dallas Forums, http://www.vanillaice378.proboards74.com/, as Licalotapous.

JSE
    What type of forum is that? It seem no one can enter the forum or read the thread without being a member. Does Vanillaice talk about his PC speaker adventure in that forum also? D

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I am a member of several that have been mentioned but only post over on AudioKarma. The traffic over there is quite a bit heavier and I have got some great deals on speakers from 2 members. I have become a fan of older DCM speakers and there is a fairly good following over there for those speakers.

Having said that I guess because of the smaller size here I have come to better know the perspective's of many more members here and it helps me when (if) I get answers to my noob questions.

Forum Regular
    I am a regular on the Aussie based group StereoNET.
    A friendly bunch and well moderated so things stay very civil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information