Forum Regular

Streaming online music?

Hello,

I would to listen to streaming music over the web. Are there any free sites for streaming music? I am looking for 80s music. I don't want to pay cause I don't have a debit or credit to pay so it would have to be free. Has anyone tried streaming before? I tried it a long time ago but don't remember the sites I went too. Thank you for any replies!.

Suspended
    No but I'll sell you some free DVD ripping software.

Forum Regular
    www.slacker.com

awesome, they have preset stations, or you can create your own custom station. it's free, all you have to do is give them an e-mail address

Quote Originally Posted by php111
    Hello,

I would to listen to streaming music over the web. Are there any free sites for streaming music? I am looking for 80s music. I don't want to pay cause I don't have a debit or credit to pay so it would have to be free. Has anyone tried streaming before? I tried it a long time ago but don't remember the sites I went too. Thank you for any replies!.

Forum Regular
    Thank you for that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    www.slacker.com

awesome, they have preset stations, or you can create your own custom station. it's free, all you have to do is give them an e-mail address

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    http://www.pandora.com/

What Duds said...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Big Fresh
    Just use iTunes. It has a very large selection of radio stations - each divided into several different genres. There's even a section for 70's/80's music. Click on that, and you'll see several options for streaming 80's music. Enjoy!
    Receiver: H/K AVR 325
    Mains: Polk RTi-38
    Center: Polk CSi-30
    Surrounds: Polk FXi-30
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-isd
    TV: Panasonic TH-C46FD18

Yep, we stream iTunes at work during the day. The software's free and the streams are free and most are commercial free, so it's an easy choice.

There are a few streams that flake out from time to time, but I've had that happen at all the streaming sites I've gone to.
    I like sulung tang.

Forum Regular
    I just looked up iTunes and it looks like it's for the apple iPod which I don't have. Does anyone have a website for the 80s streaming iTunes for the PC and not iPod?

Big Fresh
    You don't need an iPod at all. Just open iTunes. Then, on the left hand column, under the "Library" category, you will see a section titled "Radio". Click on it, then on the very bottom you'll see a section called "70s/80s hits". Expand it, and you'll have about 145 different available streams to choose from (some being 70's only music, of course). Anyway, you don't need an iPod to use iTunes.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by natronforever
    You don't need an iPod at all. Just open iTunes. Then, on the left hand column, under the "Library" category, you will see a section titled "Radio". Click on it, then on the very bottom you'll see a section called "70s/80s hits". Expand it, and you'll have about 145 different available streams to choose from (some being 70's only music, of course). Anyway, you don't need an iPod to use iTunes.

I do NOT at all know where to find iTunes. The closest I came was this site. I still did NOT get a link for it. http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Forum Regular
    Whats wrong with slacker.com?

I just looked up iTunes and it looks like it's for the apple iPod which I don't have. Does anyone have a website for the 80s streaming iTunes for the PC and not iPod?

Suspended
    I do NOT at all know where to find iTunes. The closest I came was this site. I still did NOT get a link for it. http://www.apple.com/itunes/
    Forgive me as I'm just popping in here without reading the original post. php111, if you're trying to download iTunes onto your computer, on the page you're showing a link to has on the righthand side of the page near the top, a box that says: "iTunes 7 - download now". It will install on your computer then you can stream radio as natronforever says.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    http://www.pandora.com/

What Duds said...
    Pandora, my personal favorite. Decent sound quality and completely customizeable. Good call sticks type individual.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Big Fresh
    Sorry php. I somehow didn't pick up that you didn't know how to get iTunes. Also, I'm with Sir T. Pandora is awesome. Check it out.

Thread Information