Suspended

Your Top Ten Most Stupid TV Reality Shows

They're ALL stupid!!!

However, in the interest of time and bandwidth, here're mine from least tolerated to most...
    1. Super Nanny: Most of the little frickin' brats would be in the hospital or WORSE if it were me!
    2. The Bachelor: Scripted scripted scripted. And because of that, the acting absolutely sucks!!! This is typical cheap network programming.
    3. The Bachelorette: Same sh!t, different sex. Time slot filler, typical for ABC.
    4. Hell's Kitchen: Candy-ass contestants and scripted scripted scripted.
    5. Don't Forget the Lyrics: Puullleeeeeez! Who cares?! Scripted. And even that sucks!
    6. Wife Swap: KEEEP THEM! I don't want EITHER of them!!! Scripted. DUH!
    7. Nanny 911: Geriatric Ho's, but at least it's "unscripted".
    8. So You Think You Can Dance: Scripted Ripoff, and no, they can't.
    9. Deal or No Deal: Are they the twenty one virgins I was promised?
    10. Dancing with the Stars: The contestants are mostly scrubs/has-beens, but the female professional dancers (Cheryl Burke, Julianne Hough especially) are hot.
    Honorable mention goes to Survivor. Lottsa T&A, but too much piss-poor scripted acting.

Yes I've included stupid game shows as well, so don't hold back.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Well, I LIKE to watch "The Amazing Race", and "Survivor". The rest you can throw off a cliff.

The Amazing Race is very fast paced, and they travel to some pretty cool locations.

Have to eat some nasty local foods though. The calf head was pretty bad. Eyes and all. When they started spitting out teeth I about lost it.

Survivor is fairly predictable in the structure, but they usually pick some smart folks (and hot).
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I would agree with your list Rich. But I have to say that I do enjoy Survivor, Amazing Race and (god help me!) Big Brother.

There was a reality show on in 2000 and 2001 called The Mole. It was hosted by (now) CNN guy Cooper Anderson (or is it Anderson Cooper?). It was actually a very good and intelligent show. Until they ruined it with a "Celebrity" version. It's being revived and starts again on June 2. I just hope that they don't dumb it down. The original was very well done.

The show that was the worst was Temptation Island. Or as Hubby and I called it Whore Island. Couples went to a tropical paradise where they were separated. The men spent their time with beautiful and tempting single women and the women spent their time with hunky single men. The game was to not give in to temptation. Lots of eye candy and sex, but really what happy couple is going to participate in something like that?

Suspended
    Anderson Cooper. I just vaguely remember that show, but none of the details surface.

I tried and tried and tried to get into Big Brother, but after a while I could no longer stomach Adam. IMO he did the worst job of trying to act out of all of them, and by bringing back the contestant(s?) after they got the boot just seemed like a case of dragging out the process, to again, fill timeslots.

Temptation Island? I think it was on my TV screen for 15 mintues before I'd had enough.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    I think Rich hit the nail on the head. They all Suckkkkkkkkk

But come on guys, I don't see American Idol mentioned. Is everybody afraid to touch the Holy Grail of reality TV. I just can't believe week in and week out that this is the No. 1 show on television. Why would I tune in to watch a bunch of nobodys sing Neil Diamond songs. Christ, I wouldn't tune in to see Neil sing them himself.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I love "So You Think You Can Dance"? I will be glued to my TV for the entire season. I do think the rest of them suck.

Oh and I like "American Idol". I think David will win.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    YO! This is about STUPID shows!Come on you people! I don't want to read lovie-dovie posts!

I didn't list AI because I like to watch all the weirdos before they get picked to go to Hollywood. Now THAT stuff's unscripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    This is about STUPID shows!Come on you people! I don't want to read lovie-dovie posts!

Sorry I am a lovie-dovie kind of guy. Just like anyone who would use the term lovie-dovie. Oh and when did Rich Texans start using Yo? Should it not be Y'all.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Oh, lookie at JohnMichael creeping up to that 2000th post!

I didn't mention AI because in all honesty it never occured to me. I don't watch it. I don't pay attention to it. In my world it doesn't exist. Same thing with those dancing shows. They just never enter into my conscious thoughts.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Sorry but since they are so stupid that even the promos make me nauseous I have not seen any of the "reality TV" shows mentioned or currently on the air.

"Survivor" was the only one I ever regularly watched but even then I tuned out after season 3. It was clear that by then all the contestants learned how to play "reality TV" and that it was heavily edited to manipulate the audience.

These shows exist because they are cheap to make and because there is no end to how low people will go to have their 15 minutes of shame.

Of course having said that if NBC does bring out "MILF Island" as part of their Fall line-up I am there.......

I am like Thekid, even the promos of these shows make me nauseous.

The only show in your list I kind of like is Hell’s Kitchen with Chef Ramsey. This season is not as good as last few seasons and contestants not as serious. Don’t know if it is scripted or not, but I guess it doesn’t matter.

Last season had better contestant and was more intense and professional. This season seem to be more about the fame than cooking good food. And the guy calling himself four star General. What a character

i think you huys are abit harsh eh. all reality tv shows have one really really good part... the end credits

Suspended
    Amen Digg!
    Quote Originally Posted by JM
    ...Just like anyone who would use the term lovie-dovie...
    I was thinking of Lovie Smith, the pro football coach who does/did coach the Chicago Bears when I made that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Amen Digg!

I was thinking of Lovie Smith, the pro football coach who does/did coach the Chicago Bears when I made that remark.

Ya like I would get anything sports related.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I don't watch em...

I've never watched one hour's worth of "reality" T.V. Sorry, long as I've The Soprano's, The Wire, ST DS9, Hill Street Blues, Night Gallery all on DVD and other computer games, I WON'T watch this chite. I did discover my son (da knucklehead) watching Flavor Flav's "Flavor or Love" and it's spinoff "I Love New York". I promptly blocked the channel. I watched both shows briefly and determned that it's a shame that Martin, Malcom and all the other martyrs died so we could have this chit? Don't get me wrong, the Huxtables used to make me puke and I too love some mindless entertainment but women debasing themselves for this fool? Are you kidding me????

Da Worfster

Why do they call these things "reality T.V." anyhow? How many times have you been in the situations that come up on these things? Oh sure, every guy has been surrounded by a bunch of hot babes that are fighting over him. Then you get to send one home each week till you end up with the one you'll marry. Or how about 20 or so strange people locked in a house for several months with no outside contact. And what's with the voting people off? Singers, dancers, back stabbers, it's all about who's popular. I feel like I'm back in HS. (and my wife LOVES these things) Somebody save me! The only good thing is that they are slightly better than Judge Judy. Hey wait! Don't save me. Just shoot me. SHOOT ME NOW!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I've never watched one hour's worth of "reality" T.V. Sorry, long as I've The Soprano's, The Wire, ST DS9, Hill Street Blues, Night Gallery all on DVD and other computer games, I WON'T watch this chite. I did discover my son (da knucklehead) watching Flavor Flav's "Flavor or Love" and it's spinoff "I Love New York". I promptly blocked the channel. I watched both shows briefly and determned that it's a shame that Martin, Malcom and all the other martyrs died so we could have this chit? Don't get me wrong, the Huxtables used to make me puke and I too love some mindless entertainment but women debasing themselves for this fool? Are you kidding me????

Da Worfster
    Holy cow, Night Gallery and Hill Street Blues on DVD, and you loathe Flavor of Love? You're my new hero! Wait a minute, lest I'm accused of being gay again. I call it train wreck TV. And now rock washout Bret Michaels is in the fray as well. What are they on, the 3rd and 4th seasons already. Hard to believe that guys like Flava Flav and Bret Michaels can't find their own true love without a TV contest (actually, uh...no).

I watch a lot of the cooking shows, so I like A&Es Top Chef and the like. I like the same version on the Food Network. But as was said earlier, the rest of these so-called reality shows are anything but. Too many game shows too. Mike Greenberg from ESPN as a gameshow host...unwatchable.

I am a closet AI fan though (oops, I guess I'm out now)

Thread Information