Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flyers are now up 3 games to 1. Woo hoo!

So, I guess they could actually win this series and face those dang Penguins in the semis for the Stanley Cup You gotta believe!

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    So, I guess they could actually win this series and face those dang Penguins in the semis for the Stanley Cup You gotta believe!

Swish
    Someone's gotta beat those Penguins.
    Wow, do the Sabres ever look stupid now.

Yes, but an all Pennsylvania conference championship...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Someone's gotta beat those Penguins.
    Wow, do the Sabres ever look stupid now.
    ...would be wild. There's such a big rivalry between the two cities because of football and hockey, so if this happens, and it's looking like it will with the Pens up 3-0 and Flyers up 3-1, it's going to be wild. Early in the season the Flyers led the season series 3-1 but lost 3 of the next 4, so the momentum is on their side, and they're playing better hockey. Of course, you have to consider the rash of injuries the Flyers suffered in the second half of the season.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

...would be wild. There's such a big rivalry between the two cities because of football and hockey, so if this happens, and it's looking like it will with the Pens up 3-0 and Flyers up 3-1, it's going to be wild. Early in the season the Flyers led the season series 3-1 but lost 3 of the next 4, so the momentum is on their side, and they're playing better hockey. Of course, you have to consider the rash of injuries the Flyers suffered in the second half of the season.

Swish
    Yeah, injuries are always unpredictable element of bad luck. How good could the Flyers be now with Gagne healthy?
    The Penguins had their share too, including 30 games without their best player and top goalie. Good teams overcome.

I just hope someone beats the Penguins. I'm bitter that they basically benefitted so tremendously from sucking so bad (on purpose) for a few years and winning a few draft lotteries close together. No real team managment or building. Grrrrr...

[/SIZE]

Swish
    STEVE BEGIN = BONEHEAD!!!

This series is getting ugly fast. Every game looks eerily similar. Montreal can't capitolize on early breaks, Flyers bury their few chances - Montreal turns up the intensity to make a game of it in the third...too little too late.

So Grampa, would you prefer a comp or a preview disc? If a preview -have you ever heard this...

It's a good one!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

I'm not at all familiar with it, but this series is far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    [/SIZE]

STEVE BEGIN = BONEHEAD!!!

This series is getting ugly fast. Every game looks eerily similar. Montreal can't capitolize on early breaks, Flyers bury their few chances - Montreal turns up the intensity to make a game of it in the third...too little too late.

So Grampa, would you prefer a comp or a preview disc? If a preview -have you ever heard this...

It's a good one!
    The Flyers were up 3-1 over the Caps and were pushed to game 7, and the Caps are not the Habs. I foresee this going the full 7, but I hope not. Yes, you would think with the way the games are going the wrong team is winning, but the Flyers went through this before where they seemingly out-shot everyone but it didn't reflect on the score.

I'm sure you've had your fill of R. J. Umberger by now. Ha! I saw your comment about him the other day, and now he's becoming THE MAN for the Flyers, scoring in the last 3 including another 2 last night. Yeah, the second was the empty-netter, but it still hurts.

Conventional wisdom would indicate that the Flyers will win the series since they're up 3-1, so if that happens, the preview cd will be fine.

Swish

The Flyers were up 3-1 over the Caps and were pushed to game 7, and the Caps are not the Habs. I foresee this going the full 7, but I hope not. Yes, you would think with the way the games are going the wrong team is winning, but the Flyers went through this before where they seemingly out-shot everyone but it didn't reflect on the score.

I'm sure you've had your fill of R. J. Umberger by now. Ha! I saw your comment about him the other day, and now he's becoming THE MAN for the Flyers, scoring in the last 3 including another 2 last night. Yeah, the second was the empty-netter, but it still hurts.

Conventional wisdom would indicate that the Flyers will win the series since they're up 3-1, so if that happens, the preview cd will be fine.

Swish
    I like your cautious optimism. But I'll tell you this right now. If it goes to seven - the Habs will be playing the pens in the East final - frankly though I don't see it. I do think they'll gut out game 5, but probably lose in 6. And yeah, if I never hear the name Umburger again that would be just fine.

Montreal beat Boston because our third and 4th line was better than theirs, but the Philly 3rd line is just killing Montreal.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

I'm not much of a hockey fan but when is the last time Montreal won three straight? Just sayin'

NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Well, they won 3 or more in a row 6 times this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I'm not much of a hockey fan but when is the last time Montreal won three straight? Just sayin'

NP:
    ...during the regular season, including the last three, so they're certainly capable. And they're the #1 seed. And we're talking about a Philly sports team. Deep down inside I can't for the life of me believe they could lose the next 3, but I refuse to count my chickens (see the 3 things I mentioned). The fact that they made the playoffs was a big deal after the debacle of last season, and the fact that they won the first round and are leading the #1 see 3-1 is almost too much for me to stand.

As funny as this sounds, if they do win this series and lose to the damn Penguins, I'm going to be a basket-case. I hate that team with a passion. As much as I hate the Cowboys and Raiders, the Yankees the Mets and the Braves, the Lakers and the Celtics...you get the picture.

Swish

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey Tamer,

When Umberger gets to be too much just fall back on this fond memory...

So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Nice how he elevated his shoulder into him...but you know

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Hey Tamer,

...what they say. Paybacks are a bitch. I would have been head-hunting him for the rest of his playing days.

Swish

I remember that hit...wasn't as bad as the Fedoruk KO though...what is it with Flyers keeping their heads down?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    You mean the Boogeyman breaking T-Fed's face, Kex? That kinda reminded me of the Cro-Cop/ Bob Sapp fight, if any of y'all are MMA fans. Brutal.

I agree with Tamer's assessment, I think the Habs too good to go away with just a whimper but Philly's rollin'. Philly in 6 and on to meet the Pens who, other than Daryl Sydor, I really couldn't care less about.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

You mean the Boogeyman breaking T-Fed's face, Kex? That kinda reminded me of the Cro-Cop/ Bob Sapp fight, if any of y'all are MMA fans. Brutal.

I agree with Tamer's assessment, I think the Habs too good to go away with just a whimper but Philly's rollin'. Philly in 6 and on to meet the Pens who, other than Daryl Sydor, I really couldn't care less about.
    Booger? Nah, even better...

Hey Tamer,

Unfortunately they can't trade for Brian Campbell before game 5. To me the biggest reason for the Habs disappointing performance in this series (and really in the playoffs), aside from a power play that looks lost - is Mike Komisarek, their most physical defenceman has completely lost his physical edge - I guess he must be hurt, because he doesn't even look like the same guy. How else to explain the league leader in hits during the regular season recording 0 hits in game 4?. I can't.

2 PA Teams

Hey, Swish.
    The Penguins are my backup team, since the Habs got trounced. Go Penguins Go!
    Wouldn't it be cool to have two PA teams in the finals?

Cheers,
    Bill

Swish

You're killing me! I HATE the Penguins...

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill
    Hey, Swish.
    The Penguins are my backup team, since the Habs got trounced. Go Penguins Go!
    Wouldn't it be cool to have two PA teams in the finals?

Cheers,
    Bill
    ...and there's no such thing as a backup team. Neither has a prayer against the Wings anyway.

Swish

P.S. Where have you been hiding Bill?

...and there's no such thing as a backup team.
    Sure there is...when your team gets owned by a team in Round 2, you cheer for their next opponent as your "backup team". Kinda like why I'm cheering for the Flyers.

Neither has a prayer against the Wings anyway.
    The Wings are made to beat the big, defensive Western teams, but they're not well suited for a matchup against a team that can match them skill for skill, speed for speed. The meat-and-potatoes Nashville Predators, slow and injury-ravaged Colorado Avalanche, and the hurt and seemingly tired Dallas Stars haven't controlled the puck possession game or generated much in scoring chances. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are capable of doing that and aren't going in underdogs.

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia both have high octane offense like Detroit's never seen, and equal or better goaltending. Assuming they get past the Stars (not willing to concede that one yet, but it's looking grim) the East Conference champs will be their toughest challenge. I like the East over Detroit, regardless of which PA team it is.

Suspended
    ...Assuming they get past the Stars (not willing to concede that one yet, but it's looking grim) the East Conference champs will be their toughest challenge. I like the East over Detroit, regardless of which PA team it is.
    I'm not holding out much hope for the Stars, but it sure would be nice to see them win for their fans this week.

Is hockey still playing? hhmmm...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don't mess up my system

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are capable of doing that and aren't going in underdogs.

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia both have high octane offense like Detroit's never seen, and equal or better goaltending. Assuming they get past the Stars (not willing to concede that one yet, but it's looking grim) the East Conference champs will be their toughest challenge. I like the East over Detroit, regardless of which PA team it is.
    I keep telling everyone the Flyers have no reason to be in the playoffs and don't stand a chance, and they keep winning. If I get cocky now they will mess up for sure. Don't you know their Stanley Cup hopes hinge upon my actions? Man are you stoopid.

Swishbaloney

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I keep telling everyone the Flyers have no reason to be in the playoffs and don't stand a chance, and they keep winning. If I get cocky now they will mess up for sure. Don't you know their Stanley Cup hopes hinge upon my actions? Man are you stoopid.

Swishbaloney

I hope you're growing a post season beard, because otherwise.....

Yerah, and it's nearly as full as Cindy Crosby's.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I hope you're growing a post season beard, because otherwise.....
    Did you see the crap on his face? He should put some milk on it and let his cat lick it off.

The next game in Philly should be very interesting. If I were Malkin, I'd keep my head up and wear lots of extra protection. The payback for that cheap shot on Briere is going to be costly. Count on it.

Swish

Honeymoon's over, Swish, unless the Flyers can get really lucky and get more of those crap no-goal calls. The Flyers are out-classed in talent.

But ultimately it doesn't matter who from Penn is in the final if the Wings keep playing up to their talent level.

Edit: I should have read the entire thread. I guess you agree with my last statement.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Don't count your chickens Stone. And keep in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Honeymoon's over, Swish, unless the Flyers can get really lucky and get more of those crap no-goal calls. The Flyers are out-classed in talent.

But ultimately it doesn't matter who from Penn is in the final if the Wings keep playing up to their talent level.

Edit: I should have read the entire thread. I guess you agree with my last statement.
    ... the Flyers played without their top 2 penalty killers and one of the best offensive players (Gagne), or this could be a different series thus far. As far as the 'crap no-goal call', I would agree it looked good, but the replay guys disagreed. How about the crap penalty on Hatcher that lead to the PP goal or the no-call on the cheap shot by Malkin, of the goalie interference call on Briere when, in fact, the replay showed he was grabbed and pushed into the goalie?

Like I said, this series is far from over, and I expect the Flyers to win the next 4 in a row.

Swish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information