Any New York CIty members: Need your HELP!

Well, this is going to be a stretch, but I'm going to ask anyway since it's so darned important. Echo and the Bunnymen are playing Radio City on October 1st, and it will be a very special performance of Ocean Rain album with a full orchestra accompaniment as part of the band’s 30th anniversary. If you don't know this record, you don't know what you're missing. It's worth having just for 'The Killing Moon', the most achingly beautiful song ever recorded.

Bunnymen.com has exclusive rights for a week of pre sale tickets just for the website users, and my best bud Bob is a member, so he's going to be trying to get some for us, but this show will probably sell out in minutes, or at least it did for their European dates of this special tour. Needless to say, this would likely be the show of a lifetime for me an my pals, so we will do almost anything to score tickets.

So....I was wondering if any of you well-connected NYC dwellers might have an 'in' at Radio City and can acquire tickets easily? Yeah, I know this is a stretch, but we would make it worth your trouble.We might be lucky enough to get them ourselves in the pre-sale, but I'm not counting my chickens.

Swish - on bended knee, pleading for help
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I heard about this show, but didn't realize they were doing it here. I'll put a feeler out, but I can't say I have a source in that department. You never know who knows who, though, so we'll see. But the people I knew who could be helpful in that area haven't been around for quite some time since Live Nation virtually took over. Don't know if they have Radio City, but I think they do.

Much as I want to hate them, Clear Channel, etc., as a concert-goer, I have found them to be far more professional lately, generally speaking, as opposed to the past. But then in the past there weren't a jillion different BS 'fees' that I'd have a lot less of a hard time with if they just simply said 'promoter's markup.' Or 'towards artist's guarantee.' I have much less resentment paying a higher price for something I actually want if people are up-front about it. But that' a whole other thread.

In the recent past the events I've gone to--shows, Yankees, Rangers, and even a Knick game--I paid a higher price on Stubhub simply because it was a much, much easier experience than dealing with Ticketmaster. The time constraints are ridiculous, and I know the venues, especially Yankee Stadium. "You have five seconds to commit or you won't see a game until next September." I go out so infrequently, I almost don't mind paying more, because I've found Ticketmaster online incredibly difficult to navigate. Not like I want to pay more, but...

I do get emails from Live Nation & I haven't seen this listed. Any idea what they're going to charge?

I don't like others.

What took you so long?

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    I heard about this show, but didn't realize they were doing it here. I'll put a feeler out, but I can't say I have a source in that department. You never know who knows who, though, so we'll see. But the people I knew who could be helpful in that area haven't been around for quite some time since Live Nation virtually took over. Don't know if they have Radio City, but I think they do.

Much as I want to hate them, Clear Channel, etc., as a concert-goer, I have found them to be far more professional lately, generally speaking, as opposed to the past. But then in the past there weren't a jillion different BS 'fees' that I'd have a lot less of a hard time with if they just simply said 'promoter's markup.' Or 'towards artist's guarantee.' I have much less resentment paying a higher price for something I actually want if people are up-front about it. But that' a whole other thread.

In the recent past the events I've gone to--shows, Yankees, Rangers, and even a Knick game--I paid a higher price on Stubhub simply because it was a much, much easier experience than dealing with Ticketmaster. The time constraints are ridiculous, and I know the venues, especially Yankee Stadium. "You have five seconds to commit or you won't see a game until next September." I go out so infrequently, I almost don't mind paying more, because I've found Ticketmaster online incredibly difficult to navigate. Not like I want to pay more, but...

I do get emails from Live Nation & I haven't seen this listed. Any idea what they're going to charge?
    As far as I know, you're the only NYC resident on RR these days, although I could be wrong. Darius doesn't visit any longer, same as cc, and I'm pretty sure they were both NYC guys.

Anyway, I have no idea what the tickets will cost, but we pretty much don't care. Let me qualify that; I doubt they will be charging something outrageous, unlike Super Bowl tickets or something in that range. I figure they'll be at least $75, probably higher, due to the unique nature of the show and the cost of having a full orchestra. I can't imagine we'd end up paying more than $125 each, and we'd be fine with it since it's really a big deal for us. A real big deal.

I really didn't think anyone would have connections, as this post was more a way for me to mention this great upcoming show, but if I don't ask, how would I ever know? Either way, I hope we can meet up with you at some point.

Side note - Flyers lead Montreal 2-0 after the first period. If they win this game, I think they can take the series.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information