Thread: The classics

Forum Regular

The classics

I listen to a lot of grateful dead and black sabbath among many other older bands. With that said these bands are not known to have the greatest recordings, especially the dead. Does anyone know if the dead, sabbath, the who, beatles, neil young etc , the classics; can be found on better mastered recordings such as sacd or hdcd...............

American Beauty is was available on DVD-A. The 5.1 mix is gimicky but there's a very nice 96kHz/24bit stereo mix, which I believe can be played back on any DVD player.

The Who had an album or two on SACD.
    There are a few Neil Young DVD-As.
    BeAtles got some MFSL CDs but nothing hi-rez AFAIK.

You're probably SOL with Sabbath unless you can find some good used vinyl.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Suspended
    Was that about a year ago Neil Young released his greatest hits that had all been remastered? There's also a version of the cd that comes with a hi rez DVD. I was miffed because the stupid DVD video portion shows on your screen a album spinning on a turntable.

You might look through www.amusicdirect.com or www.acousticsounds.com for what you are looking for. Several classic albums have been pressed on 180 gram vinyl if you have the coin.

Thread Information