I can scratch one more 'must see' from my list.

The National are coming to Messiah College, same place I saw Wilco the first time, and The Decemberists the only time. This one is on Saturday, May 3rd, and only $15 per ticket. I'm convinced the school makes nothing off of these shows and has them solely for the benefit of the students and the outsiders who are lucky enough to get tickets.

With Spoon coming up on April 10th, I'll have covered most of my favorites of the last decade, but I'll keep watching for The Shins too.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Does it bother you that you'll be the oldest person there? Hehehehe.

No, does it bother you that you're Canadian?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Does it bother you that you'll be the oldest person there? Hehehehe.
    And that you have a lame sense of humor?

Swish - Resident Geezer
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

I have a lame sense of humour?

Well, I guess that's something else that we have in common then.

Nice retort.......NOT!

I have a lame sense of humour?

Well, I guess that's something else that we have in common then.

I happen to be quite the funny person. Just ask me and I'll tell you.

Swish Baby

Forum Regular
    Touring this summer...REM, Modest Mouse an the Nationals. Probably old news here but am looking forward to it.

Also, the SF Music and Arts Festival in Golden Gate Park. Headlining on one day will be Radiohead with Wilco and many others.

This is going to be a rocken summer.

thereyet

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    The National are coming to Messiah College, same place I saw Wilco the first time, and The Decemberists the only time. This one is on Saturday, May 3rd, and only $15 per ticket. I'm convinced the school makes nothing off of these shows and has them solely for the benefit of the students and the outsiders who are lucky enough to get tickets.

With Spoon coming up on April 10th, I'll have covered most of my favorites of the last decade, but I'll keep watching for The Shins too.

Swish
    Not quite "must see" but you might want to catch The Raveonettes, should they make an appearance around your part of the world. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and highly enjoyed their show. I mean come on, with hot Danish chicks on stage does the quality of music really matter?

Myself, I'm hoping to see at least a couple of theses scheduled for this summer...
    Tapes 'n Tapes
    The Constantines
    The Raconteurs
    British Sea Power
    DCforC w/Rogue Wave
    Rush
    Charlie Haden
    Joe Lovano
    Leonard Cohen
    Radiohead - Really the only one I'd classify as "must see"
    The National

OK - just kidding about Rush.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    OK - just kidding about Rush.
    I'm glad you said that. I was having one of those WTF?! moments.

I'm glad you said that. I was having one of those WTF?! moments.
    I have seen Rush though...twice. So I did my time.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I have been considering seeing Josh Ritter at the little dinner-and-a show place we talked about in another thread. I wasn't as knocked out by the last album as many 'round these parts but I feel that venue, the Music Mill, brings out the best in some folks. Might be worth it. Anyone seen JR?

I would go in a heartbeat, and I felt the same way about..

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I have been considering seeing Josh Ritter at the little dinner-and-a show place we talked about in another thread. I wasn't as knocked out by the last album as many 'round these parts but I feel that venue, the Music Mill, brings out the best in some folks. Might be worth it. Anyone seen JR?
    ...THCOJR as you do. I liked it, but it wore thin fairly quickly. There are some outstanding tracks on it though (The Temptation of Adam...think that's the name 'o the track), and he'll likely play some stuff from his early records that should be right up your alley. Animal Years and Hello Starling are much better, in my opinion, and I think he'd be excellent in a live performance. GO DAMMIT!

Swish
    Last edited by Swish; 04-04-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Can I come? I missed him when he was here last month. I haven't heard the new one yet, but I've been playing Hello Starling almost daily since I picked it up about a month ago. And Animal Years is getting frequent spin time too.

Quote Originally Posted by LionMan
    I have seen Rush though...twice. So I did my time.
    Well, you can't really call yourself a Canadian unless you've seen Rush and/or The Tragically Hip once. But that you've seen them twice surprises me.

. But that you've seen them twice surprises me.
    HeHeHe, but the last time was some 30 years ago...maybe it works like a passport, to stay Canadian you have to see one or the other every 5 years...

Come to think of it I probably have a deportation notice in that pile of un-opened mail, what with not having ever seen The Hip.

Any countries out there willing to take a musical refugee?

Thread Information