I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

PM's from Spammers?????

In the last couple of weeks I have got a couple of suspicious looking PM's from members who are always newbie's with 0 posts who always leave another e-mail address to respond to rather than just reply to the PM. I don't want to seem unfriendly but the one I got yesterday has such bad/fractured English I can't believe it is legitmate. Anyone else getting these??

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    In the last couple of weeks I have got a couple of suspicious looking PM's from members who are always newbie's with 0 posts who always leave another e-mail address to respond to rather than just reply to the PM. I don't want to seem unfriendly but the one I got yesterday has such bad/fractured English I can't believe it is legitmate. Anyone else getting these??

Please forward them to me or give me their user names and I ban them. There is a thread in the beginning of General Audio where I mention this problem and ask anyone who receives them to send them my way and I will send them away.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

JohnMichael are you still getting a lot of these -

I can see about getting some time w/ the engineer to help curb this problem.

Thanks
    -adam

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    JohnMichael are you still getting a lot of these -

I can see about getting some time w/ the engineer to help curb this problem.

Thanks
    -adam

Adam I have been watching new members and if the first they do is PM members I have been banning them for a while, so not much reported.

Blogs are full of spam but I am unable or unaware of how to delete spam posts in blogs. We also get spam in classifieds which I can take care of that problem. We also have new members including spam links in their signatures. They respond ot a post in an odd way and their link is shown such as Free TV

Spam, spam, spam does not have much spam in it.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    It wasn't an invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    It wasn't an invitation.

At least it was not private.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Thread Information