Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

A visit with The Honeydogs

I'm currently revisiting The Honeydogs 10,000 years (a shoutout to Swish Daddy for the introduction). I haven't heard this in a long while and it's still as sweet to my ears as ever. I've never ventured any deeper into Honeydog territory but I think that I should. I see on AMG that they have a newer release (2006) but I don't recall hearing anything about it 'round these parts. Is that because no-one's heard it or because it wasn't worth mentioning?

Well, I didn't buy it, so that's one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm currently revisiting The Honeydogs 10,000 years (a shoutout to Swish Daddy for the introduction). I haven't heard this in a long while and it's still as sweet to my ears as ever. I've never ventured any deeper into Honeydog territory but I think that I should. I see on AMG that they have a newer release (2006) but I don't recall hearing anything about it 'round these parts. Is that because no-one's heard it or because it wasn't worth mentioning?
    I have 'Here's Luck', which was officially released in 2000 after some record company issues, and while it was very good both musically and from a sound quality standpoint, 10,000 Years, from 2003, was a tour de force. I'm not sure why I don't have Amygdala and why it took them more than three years to release another records. Maybe they were hanging out with The Shins? Out of sight, out of mind I suppose, but the bits and pieces I've read about it point to a pretty decent record. Why don't you give it a shot?

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I've got 10.000 Years, Here's Luck and Seen A Ghost, and yeah, 10,000 Years is the best. The others aren't anything to sneeze at, they line up right behind it. AllMusic gives them 4 stars, but doesn't rate 10,000 Years.

Let me know if you'd like to hear the other 2.

fp

Thread Information