AR Newbie Registered Member

Yahmaha YSP-800 and home theater question

Hello,
    iI have an hdmi tv and dvd, and want to use my av marantz 6100 reciver to feed the sound to my yahmaha ysp-800 sound projector so i can have optimal connections, and the ysp-800 only as the speaker. Can i just set it up so the dvd, and cable box hdmi connections are attached to the revicer and the reciver then sends the sound to the ysp-800? Is it possible to have all sound (sonos system, hdtv, dvd, to all be played throught the sound projector and not through my pioneer tv? Do i need to buy the ysp-4000 and ditch my reciver.
    Detailed descrption of which cables to hookup and all the seetingswould be much appreciated.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uber44
    . Can i just set it up so the dvd, and cable box hdmi connections are attached to the revicer and the reciver then sends the sound to the ysp-800? Is it possible to have all sound (sonos system, hdtv, dvd, to all be played throught the sound projector and not through my pioneer tv? Do i need to buy the ysp-4000 and ditch my reciver.
    Does your receiver have an optical or coaxial out? For that matter, does it have an hdmi in? It sounds as if, should you have a digital out on the receiver you could use it as a switching device and send the signal from that to the Yammie.

Check out this review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R5QK0P08N9207

AR Newbie Registered Member
    thanks for the reply,
    yes it has more than one of each of these inputs, its a marantz 6100sr receiver. what are the best cables to use and how to i do this optimally and have the sound through the ysp rather then the TV?
    thanks iam obviously a novice and am totally consumed wtih getting this working

Thread Information