Forum Regular

Anyone tell me what is the correct audio setting for my DVD player?

Anyone tell me what is the correct audio setting for my DVD player? I've have a Pioneer Universal DVD player that hook up to my Int Amp with RCA cable for stereo not 5.1 or 7.1. Here are the current audio set up on my DVD player. Can anyone tell me what are each changes suppose to do and am I have it set up properly?

MPEG > PCM : MPEG encoded digital audio is converted to PCM audio for digital output.

96kHz > 48kHz : 96 kHz digital audio is converted to 48 kHz for digital output.

96kHz : 96 kHz digital audio is output as is at 96 kHz.

Dolby Digital > PCM : Dolby Digital audio is converted to PCM audio before being output.

DTS Off : No digital audio is output when playing a DTS disc.

Digital Out OFF : No digital audio output.

All I know is that if you want to decode DD and DTS in your receiver via a digital interconnect you have to set it's digital output to "bitstream", not PCM and I would also assume you want the digital output to "on".

If you have SACD or DVD-Audio you need to conect up the five or six analog outputs from the player to your multi-channel analog inputs on your receiver.

I could be wrong. Others may chime in.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    All I know is that if you want to decode DD and DTS in your receiver via a digital interconnect you have to set it's digital output to "bitstream", not PCM and I would also assume you want the digital output to "on".

If you have SACD or DVD-Audio you need to conect up the five or six analog outputs from the player to your multi-channel analog inputs on your receiver.

I could be wrong. Others may chime in.

I only use a pair of RCA for Front L/R for a 5.1 mix down to my Stereo Int Amp.

Forum Regular
    M500; it seems like your settings are ok. If you are getting sound out of your left/right analog outputs to your integrated amplifier from a CD or a DVD, then the player should be working fine. Many if not just about all the adjustements mentioned if you output a digital bitstream to a 5.1 channel receiver that decodes digital outputs.

Thread Information