I always disliked listening to cds on my PC...

...but I finally replace my cheap, lightning damaged Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers with a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set, and I think I'll be listening a lot more going forward. While I'm not going to rant and rave about the 'fantastic' sound they provide, they're a huge step in the right direction. If you didn't know, I work from my home and sit in front of my PC nearly every day. I can't listen at very loud levels because I'm on the phone frequently, but I wish I'd done this a lot sooner.

Swish
    Last edited by Swish; 12-18-2007 at 06:55 AM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended
    I upgraded my old BA 2.1's to Logitech Z-640 5.1's, and then finally to Z-5500's and man, I wish I could get my HT system to sound that good. I have good accoustics and the right size room for my home PC, and sometimes I spend an entire Friday night in there with some drinks and a lot of iTunes cranked.

Yeah, but how 'bout those Iggles!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I upgraded my old BA 2.1's to Logitech Z-640 5.1's, and then finally to Z-5500's and man, I wish I could get my HT system to sound that good. I have good accoustics and the right size room for my home PC, and sometimes I spend an entire Friday night in there with some drinks and a lot of iTunes cranked.
    That was a lot of fun watching Lito shut down that jackarse T.O. and the entire defense making Romo look like a chump in front of his new girlfriend. I was ready to toss my TV across the room if they showed her one more friggin' time. It wasn't quite as much fun as the stomping they put on them last year, but it came close. Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.

Swish - that felt good
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    That was a lot of fun watching Lito shut down that jackarse T.O. and the entire defense making Romo look like a chump in front of his new girlfriend. I was ready to toss my TV across the room if they showed her one more friggin' time. It wasn't quite as much fun as the stomping they put on them last year, but it came close. Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.

Swish - that felt good
    Okay, I'll follow your lead...
    I've never lost faith in the fact that the Eagles are historically a pounding defense oriented team that rise to any occasion regardless of personnel or injuries, and Jim Johnson is a master! You'll notice how pissed off TO was when they put the camera on him while on the sidelines. Recently, when the local news media is interviewing him he's all about the TEAM, but it sure doesn't look that way during the game when he's not getting the ball ya know? The Eagles put the hurtin' on a LOT of Cowboys on Sunday which is great, and compound that with the fact that they don't have good December records and who knows what could happen in January.
    Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.
    Uhh... Has it ever been any other way?

The way I understand it, if the Vikings lost last night the Eagles still have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs right? Who won last night's game?

Who's going to be the starting QB for the Eagles next year?

Swish - that felt good
    Looks like its time for another December swoon from Romo. Same thing happened last year after Romo choked in front of Carry Underwear.

Suspended
    It's eventually going to come out that he's gay.

I must be out of the loop. Who is his new girlfriend?

Oh, and congrats on the new speakers Swish.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Okay, I'll follow your lead...
    I've never lost faith in the fact that the Eagles are historically a pounding defense oriented team that rise to any occasion regardless of personnel or injuries, and Jim Johnson is a master! You'll notice how pissed off TO was when they put the camera on him while on the sidelines. Recently, when the local news media is interviewing him he's all about the TEAM, but it sure doesn't look that way during the game when he's not getting the ball ya know? The Eagles put the hurtin' on a LOT of Cowboys on Sunday which is great, and compound that with the fact that they don't have good December records and who knows what could happen in January.

Uhh... Has it ever been any other way?

The way I understand it, if the Vikings lost last night the Eagles still have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs right? Who won last night's game?

Who's going to be the starting QB for the Eagles next year?
    My Vikings won! Sorry GrampaSwish.

Oh, and did you see the recent AbsoluteSound? Decent write-up of three or four computer speaker sytems. I thnk the Aego system by Acoustic Energy was the winner
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

That would be Jessica Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I must be out of the loop. Who is his new girlfriend?

Oh, and congrats on the new speakers Swish.
    They kept showing here sitting there with a Cowgirls jersey on and talking about how Tony Romo has it so good and all. Then he falls flat on his face. You gotta LOVE IT!

Swish

Your Vikings? OMG! I didn't know you owned a team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    My Vikings won! Sorry GrampaSwish.

Oh, and did you see the recent AbsoluteSound? Decent write-up of three or four computer speaker sytems. I thnk the Aego system by Acoustic Energy was the winner
    Fantastic.

Didn't see the AbsoluteSound report. These things only cost me $90.00 on ebay. Found a set that was new but with an 'opened box', so they were greatly reduced. They look perfect and sound great, warranty info is in the box...everything. I saved about $50 or so and am very happy. I wonder what the Aego system goes for?

Grandpa Swish

It's eventually going to come out that he's gay.
    Maybe he's Brazilian, where the R is sometimes pronounced like an H (see Royce Gracie: pronounced Hoyce).

Suspended
    Good catch 3LB!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Klipsch Pro-Media

Fantastic.

Didn't see the AbsoluteSound report. These things only cost me $90.00 on ebay. Found a set that was new but with an 'opened box', so they were greatly reduced. They look perfect and sound great, warranty info is in the box...everything. I saved about $50 or so and am very happy. I wonder what the Aego system goes for?

Grandpa Swish
    Nice find, Swishy. I bought one of these for my mom last year and she's rockin' the house. I was surprised by how decent this unit is and she's using it to it's fullest. I was gonna buy her some Handel and Dvorak as stocking stuffers until I got an e-mail yesterday saying she'd ordered some Sigur Ros from Amazon. Pretty hip for a woman in her sixties.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

BROWNIES IN THE PLAYOFFS...........

*maybe* !!!!

Thread Information