Forum Regular

Annoying Click in Speaker

I just bought a number of new audio components.
    NAD 720 BEE 2 channel receiver.
    KEF iQ3 Speakers (Book Shelf)
    NAD 521 BEE CD Player

My new CD player has not arrived yet so I am using an old Hitachi DVD/Cd Player.

I am getting an annoying single crack out of my speaker after listening to the system for a little while. It is not loud but it is definately there. I believe it is coming out of both speakers but I am not certain. The crack doesn't seem to have any regularity to it, at least not that I can tell.

I have a cassette player as well and I do not notice the crack when listening to tapes.

I have taken the RCA cables out of the CD input on the receiver and placed them in the AUX inputs but the problem still remains. I have even put new RCA cables in to see if that would fix the problem.

I am praying that it is the old DVD/Cd player that is causing the problem and that it will go away when I get my NAD 521 BEE Cd player in.

I bought the NAD Receiver through eBay. The unit was new in box, factory sealed. Since the first time I heard the crack I have been praying it isn't the receiver. Since I don't hear it through the cassette deck I am thinking it is the DVD player.

Any thoughts or recommendations. Could it be the new speakers?

So many questions.

Thank you,

If it was the speakers, I would expect the problem to manifest itself from the moment you turn it on,

The fact that it doesn't do it on the tape leads me to suspect the sources.

Does it do it through the FM section or just on your current CD/DVD player?

Can you try a portable unit such as an Ipod or even a portable CD player?

I get this from time to time in the car on CDs I have burnt. Still trying to figure it out.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Forum Regular

Clicking Noise through speaker

I don't notice it through the FM stereo. I agree and am hoping that it is the source. I will take my mp3 player and see the result. I did try another DVD player that I am currently using and it seemed to be better. I thought I could still hear it a little bit but I was listening so closely that I could hear a little hiss as well. My ears may be playing tricks on me.

I am getting the NAD 521BEE on friday as my buddy is taking it across the border with him on his way home for christmas.

Thanks for the advice and I will keep trying.

Thread Information