Thread: New Clapton CD?

New Clapton CD?

Went to check it out today, but they didn't have it.... Anyone know if the new Eric Clapton CD (with J.J. Cale) is mostly Blues ?? I'm looking for something similar to the "From The Cradle" Clapton Album....

Anyone here this CD yet? your review would be appreciated!

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by johnny p
    Went to check it out today, but they didn't have it.... Anyone know if the new Eric Clapton CD (with J.J. Cale) is mostly Blues ?? I'm looking for something similar to the "From The Cradle" Clapton Album....

Anyone here this CD yet? your review would be appreciated!

thanks,
    If you mean "The Road to Escondido" then ya its bluesy but of the acoustical kind...highly recommended but then again I'm a HUGE J.J. Cale and Clapton fan. This disk includes remakes of "Anyway the Wind Blows" and "Don't Cry Sister".

Also check out the "Pilgrim" CD for more electric stuff.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

yep! that's the one..... I'm gonna try to pick it up next time I'm out.... I could justify a trip to Best Buy tomorrow (I usually get in trouble for going there...... those DVDs just talk to me!)

Forum Regular
    It's an awesome disc, definitely pick it up.

JJ Cale's new one is great too. All previously unreleased stuff

Suspended
    I would recommend to any EC fan the Cream reunion concert DVD: Cream - Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005. Eric shows he can still play a mean guitar, Jack Bruce's voice has lost very little, and Ginger Baker is flawless on drums. I watch this DVD quite often. It's recorded in Dolby Digital but it's also now available in HD DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I would recommend to any EC fan the Cream reunion concert DVD: Cream - Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005. Eric shows he can still play a mean guitar, Jack Bruce's voice has lost very little, and Ginger Baker is flawless on drums. I watch this DVD quite often. It's recorded in Dolby Digital but it's also now available in HD DVD.
    I second that.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Thread Information