Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

A little iPod help if you can...

Is there a way for me to:

a) download DVDs that I own to my iPod?

b) download videos from You Tube to my iPod?

Many thanks if you can assist.

42 Regular
    I've never done this myself, so take this with a large grain of salt. My buddies here tell me that you have to convert the DVD content into MP4 first, and there are plenty of software products that will let you do this (Google it).

But I've also read that TubeHunter Media Center rips DVD directly to iTunes, which you then can load to your pod. But I have no idea... er, I'll just end the sentence there.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

42 Regular
    OK, so I did a little more research, and now I think I want this other product:
    http://www.cucusoft.com/dvd-to-ipod.asp

I'm going to start dropping hints around my family & friends. Might make a nice stocking-stuffer.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Is there a way for me to:

a) download DVDs that I own to my iPod?

b) download videos from You Tube to my iPod?

Many thanks if you can assist.
    I think I'll quit complaining about my puddly 55 inch TV : )

Seriously though, do you really want to watch a movie on an ipod?

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    OK, so I did a little more research, and now I think I want this other product:
    http://www.cucusoft.com/dvd-to-ipod.asp

I'm going to start dropping hints around my family & friends. Might make a nice stocking-stuffer.
    That looks interesting but I was hoping that there was a way to do this without having to fork out more cash. You can rip CDs to iTunes so why can't you rip DVDs? What's the point of owning a video iPod? Oh yeah, so that you can BUY videos from iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by JC
    Seriously though, do you really want to watch a movie on an ipod?
    Well, not really. But I thought that it might be a good way to catch up on TV shows that I haven't seen. I can watch a quick episode of something while I'm on a plane, or in a hotel, riding the subway, sitting in a doctor's waiting room, that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That looks interesting but I was hoping that there was a way to do this without having to fork out more cash. You can rip CDs to iTunes so why can't you rip DVDs? What's the point of owning a video iPod? Oh yeah, so that you can BUY videos from iTunes.

Well, not really. But I thought that it might be a good way to catch up on TV shows that I haven't seen. I can watch a quick episode of something while I'm on a plane, or in a hotel, riding the subway, sitting in a doctor's waiting room, that kind of stuff.
    Obviously it's cool either way. I know lot's of people watch DVDs on their laptops and some people have 5.1 audio set up on their home PC. It's not like it's unheard of. I don't necessarily get it but that's ok. I was just kinda wondering out loud. Hell, I still don't have a DVR which means I still watch commercials : (

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information