AR Newbie Registered Member

Strong FM Radio Recommendations

Hi All, new to the forum

Need a radio with a really strong FM tuner and some weather/humidity resistance, good sound quality, and decent battery life. It'll spend a lot of time in a remote cabin with AC power, but also elsewhere on camping trips where garden variety tuners don't, well, tune anything :-).

Looking at either the RCA RP7887 or the Tivoli PAL. Tivoli Songbook doesnt look like the right radio for the job, dont need it's features for this application.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
    Oldscout2

considered going Satellite? get a portable one, and a docking station, and you're good to go.

Sangen is known for making very good radios.

Do a search on Amazon.com for Sangen Radios and you'll get three pages of choices.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the replies. My wife dislikes sattelite radio for reasons I dont fully understand and this is a gift for her. I did look at the Sangeans too. I ended up going with the PAL and will make a dipole antenna for it.

Thanks,
    Oldscout2

Forum Regular
    You should consider the wind-up radios from South Africa, not the Chinese knock-offs. I don't know the brands involved, but I do know they're well made.

Laz

Thread Information