I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Pioneer Floor Standers??

Thrift shopping today I saw a pair of huge pair of Pioneer Floor speakers. They were 4- way speakers over 4ft tall and about 1 1/2 wide. I thought the model was TS-7100 but I can not seem to find anything on them. They are asking $100 for the pair. Anyone know anything on them?

Forum Regular
    Could not find any info on a ts-7100 either. Could you give the driver layout? Was it a ribbon tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpremierfour
    Could not find any info on a ts-7100 either. Could you give the driver layout? Was it a ribbon tweeter?
    Sorry I did not spend that much time with them to answer your questions. I just noted the model number so I could look it up. The fact that I can't find anything makes me wonder if I even got that right. From what I can recall it looked to have a 10-inch maybe 12 woofer a 5 inch mid-range, the tweeters were side by side. As I said these things were huge probably 60+lbs and you would need 2 people to carry them. Cabinets were a walnut veneer with black grills. If they were a little cheaper and I was not expecting another pair of towers in the next day or so I'd pick them up just for the curosity factor. I do wonder where they came from as they are so large I do not see any of your normal retail stores stocking these things because of their size.

Well it does seem like my dyslexia kicked in on the model number. Started trying various combinations and found out the model# was a CS-T7100. Seems it is from the early 90's and appears to have been available through military PX's. Here are some state I foud over on AudioKarma. Sounds like the $100 they want is out of line.

CS-T7100 (Military)
    Made in 1991
    4 way - 5 speaker system.
    12" woofer, 4.75" mid/tweeter
    $370 per pair new - $90 used

Forum Regular
    at that price I would pass them by. I see good 15" pioneer floor standers in my local pawnshops all the time for that price or less.

Thread Information