Thread: Kenwood KR-3600

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Kenwood KR-3600

Scored picking up a Kenwood KR-3600 last night. Unit dates back to the 70's is a 22w per channel and cost about $250 back in the day. Have not been able to find out any other info. Does anyone out there have any experience with this unit? Thanks!

Can't help much

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Scored picking up a Kenwood KR-3600 last night. Unit dates back to the 70's is a 22w per channel and cost about $250 back in the day. Have not been able to find out any other info. Does anyone out there have any experience with this unit? Thanks!
    I have no experience with them, and the only info I could find about the KR-3600 was below, i.e. introduced in 1974, 22x2 w/c @ 8 ohms ...
    http://www.vintageshifi.com/m3.html

In general the Kenwoods were well-regarded, among the top few brands, especially their tuners.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Feanor

Thanks, every little bit helps. It is kind of amazing as I go around and start talking to some people I work with etc. that they offering up some older gear they just having lying around. Who knows I met get lucky....

Today a co-worker offered a me a Onkyo set-up from like 89/90 that he said he paid $2500 for back in the day. Apparently comes with a separate receiver, 5-disc CD player, turntable and I think 2 tower speakers. All I would have to do is copy onto CD some of his old vinyl. I do not know anything about Onkyo much less from that era so before I agree to take it ff his hands he is going to send me some model numbers. Perhaps some here can give an idea if it is worth bringing home. I am starting to reach the saturation point with my wife on how many systems are in the house......

Thread Information