Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Prince sues his fans.

Prince vs. fans

11/06/2007 7:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    Dotmusic

Prince is involved in a head-to-head dispute with three unofficial fan websites, after reportedly demanding they remove all images of him.

The sites--housequake.com, princefams.com, and prince.org--have now launched "Prince Fans United," in protest at his action.

Claming they are under "constant threats from Prince and his attorneys," the webmasters from each online community has vowed to fight the move.

They have posted a statement, which explains he is trying "to stifle all critical commentary," insisting: "We strongly believe that such actions are in violation of the freedom of speech and should not be allowed."

They claim the pop star has even demanded the removal of "fan's own photographs of their Prince-inspired tattoos and their vehicles displaying Prince-inspired license plates."

The statement continues: "It is their hope that Prince will reconsider his position and allow these fansites to continue their existence without constant threats from Prince and his attorneys. Should this not be possible, the fansites are fully prepared to defend their position in the proper court of law, as well as fully prosecute any claims to which they are justly entitled."

There has so far been no official comment from Prince about the dispute.

Why would any of them still want to be his fans?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Without the fans, he would be nothing, he wouldn't be able to hire a lawyer and live a posh lifestyle, so he needs to realize what he signed up for when becoming a icon.

What a (purple) dick.

Mutant from table 9
    How disappointing. When I saw the headline, I hoped the word "sue" was being used as a euphamism like "funky." "Prince sues his fans all night long... to the break of dawn... keeps it going strong." Nope. Just turns out that he is being a douche.

He needs to stifle critisism since everything since Chaos and Disorder in the mid-nineties has sucked out loud.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

I wonder how he felt about the Dave Chappelle skits??? If anything they did more damage to his character than FAN SITES ever could.

idiot

Thread Information