Unhappy Mad Max 2: Road Warrior.

I'm a big fan of The Road Warrier movie and Warner promised new remasterd DVDs back in February. So on May 15th, mew remasterd DVDs in DVD-HD and Bluray format was released.

And on standard DVD version, only full screen 1.33:1 aspect ratio version was released. WTF.....What's up with that?????

The MAD MAX series is one that I have tried desperately to really like, I have, but in the end it always comes across as a disappointment. I find moments enjoyable, others boring, and overall the series is inconsistent and sloppy. I'll watch it if it's on, but don't consider myself a true fan.

As far as the whole P&S issues go, I can't answer WHY they would do that other than the fact that there are still insane and inane decisions being made regarding the DVD format that just don't seem to make sense. I call it laziness, but maybe there is a better explanation. Who knows.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I'm a big fan of The Road Warrier movie and Warner promised new remasterd DVDs back in February. So on May 15th, mew remasterd DVDs in DVD-HD and Bluray format was released.

And on standard DVD version, only full screen 1.33:1 aspect ratio version was released. WTF.....What's up with that?????

I have a DVD of The Road Warrior, and its a flipper. Widescreen on one side, full screen on the other.

Why they would release a full screen video is this date and time is really weird. Alot more folks have widescreens televisions these days.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thanks guys.

PeruvianSkies,

I agree that Mad Max series does suffer from inconsistency. The first Max had an amateurish look to it and story had familiar revenge scenario. The third installation Beyond Thunderdome was even worse than the first one, and it was flat as pancake.

But the second installment The Road Warrier is head and shoulder above the other two, and got some of best car chase scenes in film history. And villains were so entertaining to watch.

Sir TT,

That must be the 1997 edition which is available on line. This movie was long over due for a special edition, but coming out with full screen version is a bi*ch slap to viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    PeruvianSkies,

I agree that Mad Max series does suffer from inconsistency. The first Max had an amateurish look to it and story had familiar revenge scenario. The third installation Beyond Thunderdome was even worse than the first one, and it was flat as pancake.

But the second installment The Road Warrier is head and shoulder above the other two, and got some of best car chase scenes in film history. And villains were so entertaining to watch.

Sir TT,

That must be the 1997 edition which is available on line. This movie was long over due for a special edition, but coming out with full screen version is a bi*ch slap to viewers.
    It would be a wise series to release on HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray, interestingly enough I think Warner still owns the 2nd and 3rd film, while MGM had the first film, which now I am guessing Sony owns.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Interestingly enough I think Warner still owns the 2nd and 3rd film, while MGM had the first film, which now I am guessing Sony owns.

That is interesting.

That might explain why the Special Edition of first Mad Max was released in 2002 (from 1997 edition), while Road Warrior and Thunderdoom wasn’t. The only standard DVD option one have for latter two are either the 1997 widescreen edition, or 2007 full screen version.

Thread Information