Thread: Hey there!

Forum Regular

Hey there!

Just joined up today and always appreciate the help we can get by seeing how other audiophiles solve their "connection" problems. Just purchased an HD cable box and had some fun trying to figure out the best way to connect it to my "antique" digital Hi-Res Pro Scan TV. Was kind of disappointed to see the best resolution I could get was 480i, through the component input on the television. I guess it`s time for an upgrade in TV!

Looking forward to reading the comments and reviews on the new HDTV plasma screens.

Getting ready for fall as the leaves are falling, so the electronics will be working more as the days grow shorter.

Regards,

Walligator

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by walligator
    Just joined up today and always appreciate the help we can get by seeing how other audiophiles solve their "connection" problems. Just purchased an HD cable box and had some fun trying to figure out the best way to connect it to my "antique" digital Hi-Res Pro Scan TV. Was kind of disappointed to see the best resolution I could get was 480i, through the component input on the television. I guess it`s time for an upgrade in TV!

Looking forward to reading the comments and reviews on the new HDTV plasma screens.

Getting ready for fall as the leaves are falling, so the electronics will be working more as the days grow shorter.

Regards,

Walligator
    I posted on your other thread about adjusting the cable box.
    Heres some further info, I SEEM to remember that that set was standard def, but could
    display a desktop over the svga (probably just 800/600 tho)
    TRY ADJUSTING your cable box, but a new set would be the BEST thing tho (of course)
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information