Forum Regular

MTV Awards / Britney Spears

Did anyone else catch the washed up Pop Tart? She at one time, just stopped lip syncing for about 15 seconds. She was too tired, out of shape and high ( or drunk ) to dance. In case there was any doubt, that should pretty much do it for her career.

Mutant from table 9
    I saw it. It was actually kinda sad. I'm not really a Britney hater. I wish her all the luck, but unfortunagely she has been eclipsed by her better peers. And that doesn't have anything to do with her freaking out. If the product's good, the freak out would be overlooked.

What is really sad is that for all the lip service MTV pays to anti-drug message, Britney was clearly high as kite. Anyone who thinks that Britney performed that song, in that outfit, on that night while straight, that ill prepared, doesn't know any addicts. By way of comparison, Chris Brown's subsequent performance not only shows how it is done, but how it looks straight.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

What am I missing here?

I've watched through this video a few times and I am not really seeing what you are referring to exactly. I mean, I thought it was going to be really obvious, but to me it's not. What is the time frame that this is happening?

Forum Regular
    That was sad i agree,if she hopes to give her career a shot in the arm,that was not it.People like her and Lindsay Lohan need to step away from the spotlight and get their life together.To many young people in Hollywood end up dead far before their time and the two that i mentioned seem to be on that self destructive path.
    PS
    Watch the way that the camera if for the most part kept away from her face and most of the shots that show her face are long quick cuts,i think it was to hide the fact that her mike was not even turned on.Look at the very end and you can see her say the words "thank you" but you don't hear it,if her mike was on those words would have come through.Look very close at her face and you can see several times where she does not match the recorded track.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Quote Originally Posted by musicman1999
    That was sad i agree,if she hopes to give her career a shot in the arm,that was not it.People like her and Lindsay Lohan need to step away from the spotlight and get their life together.To many young people in Hollywood end up dead far before their time and the two that i mentioned seem to be on that self destructive path.
    PS
    Watch the way that the camera if for the most part kept away from her face and most of the shots that show her face are long quick cuts,i think it was to hide the fact that her mike was not even turned on.Look at the very end and you can see her say the words "thank you" but you don't hear it,if her mike was on those words would have come through.Look very close at her face and you can see several times where she does not match the recorded track.

bill
    Yeah, I caught those things, but wasn't sure if there was more that I was missing.

I'd still DO her, then wipe my d%@k on her drapes when I was done.

Jeff
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 09-10-2007 at 02:06 AM.
    PIONEER: SX-780, CT-F700, HPM-100(x4), DV-C302D, PD-F1007, PL-514; DENON: AVR-983; SONY: D-15, DVP-985V, DVP-CX860(x2); TOSHIBA: XR-9459; TECHNICS: SL-1800MK2, SL-1700MK2, SL-1400MK2; NAD: PE2200; PARADIGM REFERENCE: STUDIO 100 V.2, SERVO-15, X-30; CERWIN-VEGA: DX-9; REALISTIC: MACH 2; RCA: 42" LCD HDTV

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    I'd still DO her, then wipe my d%@k on her drapes when I was done.

Jeff
    There are some things that drapes can not wipe away.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Britney who?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpremierfour
    Did anyone else catch the washed up Pop Tart? She at one time, just stopped lip syncing for about 15 seconds. She was too tired, out of shape and high ( or drunk ) to dance. In case there was any doubt, that should pretty much do it for her career.
    Seems to me I've heard the name ... oh, yeah, that woman on all the news networks this morning. Am I given to believe she is (or was) a Pop star? Seems improbable: that person won't make it to the auditions for Canadian Idol.

My disdain for pop music and pop culture in general is well know. Perhaps this episode is partial explanation of why. Someone mentioned being kind of saddened, not me, though.
    Last edited by Feanor; 09-10-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Seems to me I've heard the name ... oh, yeah, that woman on all the new networks this morning. Am I given to believe she is (or was) a Pop star? Seems improbable: that person won't make it to the auditions for Canadian Idol.

My disdain for pop music and pop culture in general is well know. Perhaps this episode is partial explanation of why. Someone mentioned being kind of saddened, not me, though.
    Sad? She's already made more money than most of us put together will ever make in a lifetime. What's to be sad about? That she's choosen to waist it?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Seems to me I've heard the name ... oh, yeah, that woman on all the new networks this morning. Am I given to believe she is (or was) a Pop star? Seems improbable: that person won't make it to the auditions for Canadian Idol.

It's a perfect example of the state of pop music. If the recording industry put forth more effort into developing TALENT instead of worrying about a second rate performer's crap... errr... product being "illegally" downloaded it would have more credibility. I'm certain it wasn't always about greed. I'm sure of it!!!

IMO MTV died a loooooong time ago.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I try to live my life with a positive attitude, where if I don't have anything nice to say about someone, I don't speak. But I admit, Britney bashing is one of my guilty pleasures.
    Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

She embarrassed her self last night. It looks good on her. Who knew K-Fed would be the model parent in that relationship?

Still, she didn't embarrassed herself as much Tommy Lee and Kid Rock did in their little cat fight though....ha ha ha ha ha.

Forum Regular
    Rich

The words recording industry and talent should not be used together.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Still, she didn't embarrassed herself as much Tommy Lee and Kid Rock did in their little cat fight though....ha ha ha ha ha.
    Yeah, I bet that was a great fight?

Two pathetic, washed up, drunk ass, skinny, fly weight men slapping each other over a pathetic, washed up, drunk ass, too skinny, big balloon boobed, skanky, Ho! I bet Pam could have taken them both!

Why did someone break up that fight? I would have let them fight it out to the death. Granted that could have taken a long, long while.

Suspended
    I heard about the fight on the radio today. Apparently Tommy couldn't even knock the cigar out of Kid Rock's mouth.

I guess I'll just stick with the memories I have of the great bands of the 60's, 70's & 80's. An awful lot of everything since then is just so sad.

Suspended
    Pam could take them all on with just her left t!t!!!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Rich

The words recording industry and talent should not be used together.

bill
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... Yeah, no joke!

Mutant from table 9
    I assume I am the only person around these parts that unapologetically owns Britney's CDs and has seen her in concert. Also, I'm probabley one of the few pop fans around these parts. Accordingly, i have a couple of points:

Peru raises a good point about not being able to see it. I didn't coin the phrase, but their is an old musicians saying: An audience may not be able to tell when you are having an off night and missing a few notes, but they can definately tell when you are cookin' and really peeling the paint off the walls. Britney was far from cookin'. She wasn't even defrosting. She hadn't even been to the grocery store yet to pick it up.

I referenced Chris Brown. He was cookin' last night. Foo Fighters and fat "crazy" guy (cant remember his name) they were cookin'. Back in the hey day, Britney could cook. I don't care what anyone says, her albums were solid and her stage show was always dynamite.

Blue Meanie: I wouldn't fcuk Britney with your d!ck. (Although, I might have jacked off to it.)

Rich's lament for the state of pop music today: Radio pop music has some real gems for anyone willing to look. Just to name a few from this year Fall Out Boy, Lily Allen, and Ally(sp?) and AJ have all release clever, well written, and articulate records. Throw in Pink, Christina, Avril and Justin and its been a good year for pop music. But a bunch of old guys pining for the days of Boston, Journey and AC/DC are not the intended audience (me included).

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

MTV still does an awards show?

I'd like to see this clip (removed by youtube) if only because I've heard how laughable it was. I could care less about Britney, good or bad, I'd just like to see what everyone is babbling about.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    MTV still does an awards show?

I'd like to see this clip (removed by youtube) if only because I've heard how laughable it was. I could care less about Britney, good or bad, I'd just like to see what everyone is babbling about.
    Part of it is available in this news broadcast.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=01...z?gt1=7702&fg=

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    chlamydia screening link in featured resources box at bottom of page. How apropos.

Oh, man...

I'm a bit speechless after that clip. She looks like the people at Def Leppard concerts that are still trying to squeeze into their dayglo lycra from back in the day. How did her stylist actually sign off on that and, with a straight face no less, tell Brit, "You look fantastic!"?

As for her performance, in the words of Haley Joel Osmont, "I see dead people." (except dead people lip sync better than that)

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    There are some things that drapes can not wipe away.
    Point taken!

Jeff
    PIONEER: SX-780, CT-F700, HPM-100(x4), DV-C302D, PD-F1007, PL-514; DENON: AVR-983; SONY: D-15, DVP-985V, DVP-CX860(x2); TOSHIBA: XR-9459; TECHNICS: SL-1800MK2, SL-1700MK2, SL-1400MK2; NAD: PE2200; PARADIGM REFERENCE: STUDIO 100 V.2, SERVO-15, X-30; CERWIN-VEGA: DX-9; REALISTIC: MACH 2; RCA: 42" LCD HDTV

Thread Information