AR Newbie Registered Member

Music Hall A25.2 - Monitor Audio Silver RS6 ?

I've just purchased a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS6 speakers. Now I'm trying to pick a cheap integrated amplifier (my budget is around 500US). At first, I thought I would go for the NAD C352 but since I may not need much power, my local store recommended the NAD 325BEE (or even the old 320BEE). Arcam also has the reputation to pair well with Monitor Audio and I'm considering the Diva A65 (in fact, I was only able to try my speakers with the A80 so far and it sounded good to my unexperienced ears). Another match could be the Cambridge Audio 640A.
    Browsing the web, I've come accross the Music Hall A25.2 and it looks like the front-runner now. I'm just wondering if it would go together well with my "english" speakers.
    I know that it's a matter of personnal taste and that nothing replaces listening but I could use your expert opinion here. Would a Music Hall A25.2 - Monitor Audio Silver RS6 sound like an acceptable combination? If not, which (very) cheap amplifier would you recommend? And how would the Outlaw Audio RR2159 receiver rate compared to the aforementionned amplifiers? I'm not an audiophile and I listen to every kind of music: classical, jazz, rock, pop, electro, world music...
    Thks for the advice.

kevb Registered Member
    If it were me, I'd go straight for the Jungson DA-120IA (Luxury edition) for $475 on Audiogon (120 wpc)....I have used Jungson products for a few years now, and they are always unfailingly musical. With a high-resolution speaker like the RS-6, you will need a quality amp like that.

Thread Information