Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post August Movie Previews.

Friday, August 3rd.......

The Bourne Ultimatum: The third installment of the successful spy franchise based on the Robert Ludlum novels.

Underdog: The superhero canine with a gift for rhyme returns in an all new live-action re-imagination of the classic cartoon, "Underdog."

Friday, August 10th........

Daddy Day Camp: A follow-up to the Eddie Murphy comedy. Cuba Gooding Jr. is put in charge of a summer day camp.

Rush Hour 3: Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan return as Detective James Carter and Chief Inspector Lee, respectively, in the third installment of the popular franchise.

Skinwalkers: Skinwalkers" is a horror action film about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves/

Friday, August 17th.....

The Invasion: "The Invasion" tells the story of a mysterious epidemic that alters the behavior of human beings.

The Last Legion: As the Roman empire crumbles, young Romulus Augustus (Thomas Sangster) flees the city and embarks on a perilous voyage to Britain to track down a legion of supporters.

Friday, August 24th......

Mr. Bean's Holiday: The sequel to the 1997 hit "Bean" finds the hapless Mr. Bean traveling to the South of France on holiday, causing the usual mayhem.

War: After his partner Tom Lone and family are killed apparently by the infamous and elusive assassin Rogue (Jet Li), FBI agent Jack Crawford becomes obsessed with revenge.

Friday, August 31st...

Halloween: From acclaimed musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie comes an entirely new take on the highly successful and terrifying Halloween legacy that began in 1978.

Sequels, Remakers, and Rip-offs....

Wow, that sounds like last summer! Mark me down for ...none.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I don’t know. RH3 might be worth watching as Chan and Tucker do make have a good chemistry together. I wonder if they are going to spin a new twist on their comedy routine about not touching a black’s man radio in LA, or Chinese’s man CD player in Honk Kong

Jet li movie WAR might another one to watch for, but he might be getting too much exposure in Hollywood. He should go back doing more obscure movies with exotic story and settings.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Yawn... stretch... smeck, smeck, drool, scratch...

Oh summer movies.....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Yawn... stretch... smeck, smeck, drool, scratch...

Oh summer movies.....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

Da Worfster
    I'll give you a wake up call in October.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Speaking of rip-offs, have any of you guys actually read any of the Bourne books? I used to read them on planes, and while not literary classics they are page-turners. The movies have none of the tension or characterization...okay, actually the movies are in no way like the books. Obviously a licensing gig for the widow-Ludlum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brFUG...elated&search=

Forum Regular

August Movies

Not much hope there, Might give the last legion a try. [ maybe]

I enjoyed the first 2 Bourne flicks as escape into an AC'd theater, coke and popcorn entertainment, so I'll probably see that one, but that's it from that list.

I recently saw an extended preview of Underdog, and if that isn't the most misguided, trainwreck of a movie . . .

Daddy Day Camp too. Absolutely horrible. And the Mr. bean preview, yikes, incredibly unfunny.

And then there's Rush Hour 3. saw a long preview for that too. I swear, I have no idea who really thinks that tired, predictable old junk is funny. Appallingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I enjoyed the first 2 Bourne flicks as escape into an AC'd theater, coke and popcorn entertainment, so I'll probably see that one, but that's it from that list.

I recently saw an extended preview of Underdog, and if that isn't the most misguided, trainwreck of a movie . . .

Daddy Day Camp too. Absolutely horrible. And the Mr. bean preview, yikes, incredibly unfunny.

And then there's Rush Hour 3. saw a long preview for that too. I swear, I have no idea who really thinks that tired, predictable old junk is funny. Appallingly bad.
    I second that, although I wasn't a fan of the BOURNE movies since they deviated so pathetically from the original stories that it just didn't make sense.

Suspended

Show me the money!!!

Nuts! But I like beagles! I used to hunt with them.

Daddy Day Camp too. Absolutely horrible. And the Mr. bean preview, yikes, incredibly unfunny
    Ya know, Cuba Gooding IMO was great in Jerry Maguire, but (and maybe I just haven't been paying attention) it seems like he just disappeared into obscurity. I was expecting him to gain as much recognition as Denzel Washington in dramatic roles. What happened?
    Edit: Yes, he won best supporting actor in Jerry Maguire, and I did forget about his role in Pearl Harbor, but nothing he's been in since stands out for me...
    Last edited by Rich-n-Texas; 08-02-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Forum Regular
    Wouldn't it be great if Rush Hour 3 was a really superb movie? I mean, what if they just said to themselves "well, the majority of our potential audience is going to go see this regardless of what we put in it," and then endeavored to make something intelligent, human, original, or just not totally insulting? Some small glimmer in me really wants this to happen.

Saw the tail end of a preview for The Darjeeling Limited yesterday... not sure if that one comes out in August yet or if we have to wait a little longer for it. Either way, highly anticipated by me. "You're my friend, but I'm still going to mace you in the face!"

-Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Cooperberg
    Wouldn't it be great if Rush Hour 3 was a really superb movie? I mean, what if they just said to themselves "well, the majority of our potential audience is going to go see this regardless of what we put in it," and then endeavored to make something intelligent, human, original, or just not totally insulting? Some small glimmer in me really wants this to happen.

-Coop
    I think it would be awesome if both characters died in the first 4 minutes of the film and then became a dark tragedy/human interest story. Now THAT would really make people go 'whaaaaa'? I suppose it's moments like that which made me truly appreciate the balls that THE DEPARTED had with its characters!

Damn, so much negativity toward RushHour 3. At lease see it before condemning it

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Damn, so much negativity toward RushHour 3. At lease see it before condemning it
    The preview was plenty.

RUSH HOUR - jokes about Jackie Chan in America.
    RUSH HOUR 2 -reverse jokes about Chris Tucker in Hong Kong
    RUSH HOUR 3 -double reverse jokes about Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in Paris

Wow, that's some brilliant recycling of jokes and gags. It's kinda like taking the same script each time and just making things in reverse, this time they took the script from RUSH HOUR and RUSH HOUR 2 and made RUSH HOUR 3....brilliant, just brilliant.

Suspended
    I'll watch it for ya Smokey.

Wow, that's some brilliant recycling of jokes and gags. It's kinda like taking the same script each time and just making things in reverse, this time they took the script from RUSH HOUR and RUSH HOUR 2 and made RUSH HOUR 3.
    That sound like a fairytale gone bad...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I'll watch it for ya Smokey.

As Worf would say, "Philistine"

Snarf..

That sound like a fairytale gone bad...LOL

As Worf would say, "Philistine"
    Bwah wha??? Hunh??? Somebody call my name? Who's lookin'.... oh... Festus... Man can't a brother take a nap round here without all this arguing about stinky summer movies? I think I will go see the last legion thingy though... I've always been fascinated by Empires on the decline and the edge of the abyss.

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    FWIW, I saw the Bourne Ultimatum..probably the only movie I'll see this month.

I'm a big fan of the Ludlum novels, and I moderately enjoyed the first 2 films for what they were - typical action/spy-type movies. Nothing special.

I felt The Bourne Ultimatum was a surprisingly big step up overall from Identity and Supremacy, easily the best of the bunch. Nothing I can really put my finger on, just better execution, and more entertaining throughout. It wasn't my favorite novel. If you liked the first 2, you'll love this one. I gotta give Matt Damon credit - he was the last guy I'd have picked to play Jason Bourne, but he pulled it off.

I'm glad they deviated from the books, I don't think they would have translated all that well to the big screen. But yeah, these are loosely based on the novels.

I hope beyond hope that they DON'T try the Bourne Legacy and Betrayal now...those sucked (well I never read Betrayal but it's the same crappy author).

LOOK
    Up in the sky!
    Is it a bird?
    Is it a plain?
    Is it a frog?

A frog?!

No, not bird nor plain nor even frog. It's just little old me...WHAM!
    Under-Aug.
    Last edited by GMichael; 08-03-2007 at 07:09 AM.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    That one went over my head GM.

That one went over my head GM.
    These things just aren't funny once they've been explained. But here goes.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to be a kid. Not just a big kid like I am now, but a true little boy. Back then, just after the age of B&W TV, there was a show, or should I say cartoon, called Underdog. I bring this up because it's on the list of movies coming out in August. Remember the thread title? So, I move on. In this show/cartoon there was a dog who could fly. I assume he'll be in the movie. At the beginning of each show/cartoon, characters (in a spoof of Superman) would call out. "Look, up in the sky!" One person would ask, "Is it a bird?" Another would ask, "Is it a plane?" A little girl would ask, "Is it a frog?" A group of people/cartoon characters would say in unison, "A FROG?!" Just then, a streak of light would fly by. (Camera flashes to the flying dog) Doggie says in a bold voice, "No, not bird nor plane nor even frog.." And then he'd crash into something. Sometimes a billboard, or a building or a bridge. Then (with stars circling his head) he'd finish in a timid voice, "Underdog."
    I changed Underdog to Under-Aug. Aug being short for August. Under being a refference to under-achieving.

See? Not funny anymore.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Oh. Thank you soooo much for that well thought out explanation. Didn't George of the Jungle used to crash into things overhead?

I should've said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex
    That one went over my head GM (Pun intended)

Oh. Thank you soooo much for that well thought out explanation. Didn't George of the Jungle used to crash into things overhead?

I should've said:
    Trees mostly.

I guess I was the slow one for not catching your sarcasm. My detector didn't go off.

Suspended
    That's okay. Others here have gained some knowledge now about the whole Underdog mystique. Worf will enjoy it that much more when he sees it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information