Jse Infinite Slope 1.8 Speaker

Is anyone familiar with the JSE INFINITE SLOPE speaker lineup? I have the 1.8 which is about midway in size compared to the other JSE models. They are about 20 years old now with all original drivers. The woofers needed the foam replaced, which I got on e-bay and did them myself. The 4- 10" drivers work perfectly and offer tighter bass after I replaced the foam surrounds. I did blow a tweeter around 1992 and since they were still in business then, I was able to get a matching replacement.

specs from original brochure

Specs are 89db sensitivity 1 watt 1M
    30 watts min, 300 watts input max
    35 hz to 20 kHz +/- 2dB
    Tweeter- 28mm textile dome aperiodic damping hex coil former
    Midrange- 170mm polycone mounted in its own acoustically treated sub enclosure
    Bass- 2-10" in phase shift bass loading system

Cabinet enclosure 1.5" high density front cabinet. 110 lbs each

bi-wirable

chucksrt Registered Member
    I have used infinite slope speakers for a long time. I love them!!! If you need info on them contact John Sollecito at Source speakers. I have Model 1 speakers right now and had the .8 a while ago. Really good speakers!!!
    Chuck

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Joseph Audio is now making speakers using the Infinite crossover technology. I do not remember if they bought out JSE Infinite Slope but they may be able to help.

http://josephaudio.com/JosephAudio/W...eph_Audio.html
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

chucksrt Registered Member
    When I contacted Joseph Audio they said they didn't deal with the Infinite Slope speakers and that John from Sourcespeaker.com did. I just picked up a pair of 1.8A speakers and can't wait to hook them up!!!

Thread Information