Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you could be one "Hero" or "Heroinne" Who would you be?

If you could one hero or heroinne from all of movie history.... who you would be? Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Bruce Lee? For me it was a toss up between "Worf" and "Jules" from "Pulp Fiction" , I'll decide later on this week, which I prefer...

Da Worfster

Suspended
    I'm BATMAN.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Who wants to be a Hero when you could be a super-cool villain?

Man, I'm really struggling with this one. While there is a certain appeal to wielding a light-saber and being able move things with your mind, the whole Jedi Code of Ethics would really take the fun out of it. Likewise for most comic book hero characters, though they all got heavy consideration.

I'm gonna have to go with 007 - dammit, who WOULDN'T wanna be a secret agent with all kinds of cool weapons gadgetry and some super spiffed-up cars. And more than enough beautiful exotic women to make Captain Kirk jealous...

Runner up was "the Counte of Monte Fisto" himself - Apollo Creed...
    With names like "The Dancing Destroyer", "The Master of Disaster", and "The King of Sting", fortune, fame, and everything that goes with it, what's not to like?
    Yeah, sure, the whole getting killed by Drago in an exhibition fight would suck, but damn, James Brown did your theme music - what an entrance. Ooooowwww!

Kam
    i would have to go with batman as well....
    but... since someone already took it, and i have always wanted to fly, superman would be fun just for the whole invincibility thing he's got going on
    but... then you'd have to be superman which is kinda lame.
    but... i've always wanted to fly so i could go with angel but not sure i wanna go his tragic (comic book story) route....
    so back to flying superhero's that are cool...green lantern... nah he's a bit of a tool, spidey can almost fly with the whole web-slinging, and he does have an interesting life too... but... hmmm
    screw it. I'm Batman.
    /create

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Who wants to be a Hero when you could be a super-cool villain?

Man, I'm really struggling with this one. While there is a certain appeal to wielding a light-saber and being able move things with your mind, the whole Jedi Code of Ethics would really take the fun out of it. Likewise for most comic book hero characters, though they all got heavy consideration.

I'm gonna have to go with 007 - dammit, who WOULDN'T wanna be a secret agent with all kinds of cool weapons gadgetry and some super spiffed-up cars. And more than enough beautiful exotic women to make Captain Kirk jealous...

Runner up was "the Counte of Monte Fisto" himself - Apollo Creed...
    With names like "The Dancing Destroyer", "The Master of Disaster", and "The King of Sting", fortune, fame, and everything that goes with it, what's not to like?
    Yeah, sure, the whole getting killed by Drago in an exhibition fight would suck, but damn, James Brown did your theme music - what an entrance. Ooooowwww!
    oh c'mon! apollo over clubber lang!!??
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    oh c'mon! apollo over clubber lang!!??
    Well, I'm taking "hero" as the protagonist good guy of the story...if bad guys are in, this is a totally different thread.

Kam
    Well, I'm taking "hero" as the protagonist good guy of the story...if bad guys are in, this is a totally different thread.
    wait... you mean clubber wasn't the hero of rocky 3? i thought it was a brilliant tragedy in reverse... the hero comes out strong and wins, but then his arrogance makes him lose the final fight, yet gain a valuable lesson in hubris...
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    wait... you mean clubber wasn't the hero of rocky 3? i thought it was a brilliant tragedy in reverse... the hero comes out strong and wins, but then his arrogance makes him lose the final fight, yet gain a valuable lesson in hubris...
    Well, there are entire Master's level classes devoted to interpreting the literary genius of Stallone's masterpiece, and I won't pressume to have the correct interpretation. Each scene was a metaphor, each character an enigma, each line a confession of the struggle within.
    For example: "My prediction? Pain." Was this pain directed at Rocky, or a reference to the internal conflict resulting from the unsatiated hunger that would remain within Clubber regardless of the outcome of the bout?

I would have to agree...

Well, there are entire Master's level classes devoted to interpreting the literary genius of Stallone's masterpiece, and I won't pressume to have the correct interpretation. Each scene was a metaphor, each character an enigma, each line a confession of the struggle within.
    For example: "My prediction? Pain." Was this pain directed at Rocky, or a reference to the internal conflict resulting from the unsatiated hunger that would remain within Clubber regardless of the outcome of the bout?
    The duality of man is so perfectly layered within the context and subcontext of this film that the entire film stands as one of the greatest paradox's of the human existence. Even in ROCKY Chapter IV and V, as well as VI the issues are lingering still with part IV, Man Vs Machine (Ivan Drago is referenced as 'beyond human') really becoming the impetus for the entire 1980's subculture. Mickey represents the father-figure of the film, but after dying in chapter III there is anger that ignites Rocky into fighting Clubber Lang, who in many ways represents the thug that Rocky was in the first chapter of our story. This cycle repeates in Chapter V as Rocky becomes the father-figure to Tommy the Machine Gun. There are so many arching and over-arching parallels within the Rocky Saga that it would take a master's thesis to truly identify all of its significance.

Hero huh?

The question for me is......no matter who I pick, how long before I give in to the power of the Dark Side

I would have to go with Buckaroo Banzai -- interdimensional adventurer, neurosurgeon, particle physicist, and rock musician with an entourage. A renaissance man and hero for all galaxies, but without the angst and bipolar issues that go along with being a costumed superhero.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended
    I'm sooo disappointed in you Wooch. How could you think Batman has Bipolar disorder!

It's not a costume he wears, it's battle gear! And I'll betchya Buckaroo didn't have a vehicle that even came close to the Batmobile in bada$$SSness now did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I'm sooo disappointed in you Wooch. How could you think Batman has Bipolar disorder!

It's not a costume he wears, it's battle gear! And I'll betchya Buckaroo didn't have a vehicle that even came close to the Batmobile in bada$$SSness now did he?
    Well, even that rich guy with all the cool toys, Bruce Wayne, thinks that Batman's got issues!

Buckaroo doesn't have a Batmobile, but then again, the Batmobile can only travel on terrestrial roads in this dimension. How quaint, might as well walk! You want bada$$? How 'bout a vehicle like Buckaroo's ride that's equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension?
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Hmmmm...

I think i'd be Leon....the professional. He is the perfect assassin, lives in solitude, and has a plant. He is cool, collect, calculated, and never fails a mission.

Forum Regular
    Two possibilities,Aragorn,weilds a mean sword and still got the girl.
    Or Captain Jean-Luc Picard,IMO the best captain the Enterprise ever had.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    ...equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension?
    Curses!!! Foiled again!

Power of Invisibility.

This might sound weird to some of you, but one of my fantasy is to have power of invisibility.

There are many advantage to have that power. One major advantage would be to not have to work for living, working for/with idiots. Just go to local bank and get what you need (not to rob, but just enough to get you by). Another would be to get away from trouble if it comes your way. Trouble come your way, just vanish into thin air.

In another word, live the way you want to live without responsibilities.

Kam
    there's one of them there "tests" out there that gives you a choice if you could have only one power between:
    A) the power to fly or
    B) the power of invisibility
    which would you choose?
    /create

You muthafu**kers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    The duality of man is so perfectly layered within the context and subcontext of this film that the entire film stands as one of the greatest paradox's of the human existence. Even in ROCKY Chapter IV and V, as well as VI the issues are lingering still with part IV, Man Vs Machine (Ivan Drago is referenced as 'beyond human') really becoming the impetus for the entire 1980's subculture. Mickey represents the father-figure of the film, but after dying in chapter III there is anger that ignites Rocky into fighting Clubber Lang, who in many ways represents the thug that Rocky was in the first chapter of our story. This cycle repeates in Chapter V as Rocky becomes the father-figure to Tommy the Machine Gun. There are so many arching and over-arching parallels within the Rocky Saga that it would take a master's thesis to truly identify all of its significance.
    I'm sitting here teary eyed and rolling as you "Jackmasters" take another otherwise mildly entertaining thread of mine off into another county, never to be head from again....

I hate you... all of you... I'm taking my thread and going home... so there... Pbbbst!!!

Da Worfster

Ahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Well, even that rich guy with all the cool toys, Bruce Wayne, thinks that Batman's got issues!

Buckaroo doesn't have a Batmobile, but then again, the Batmobile can only travel on terrestrial roads in this dimension. How quaint, might as well walk! You want bada$$? How 'bout a vehicle like Buckaroo's ride that's equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension?
    Woochifer FTW!!!!!

And the crowd cheers!!!!

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I'm sitting here teary eyed and rolling as you "Jackmasters" take another otherwise mildly entertaining thread of mine off into another county, never to be head from again....

I hate you... all of you... I'm taking my thread and going home... so there... Pbbbst!!!

Da Worfster
    And they did it all without any help from me. I feel so proud.

Has anyone seen Pain Killer Jane? To be able to heel from anything, and never age? That's great. And if I had her body, I'd never leave home.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    And they did it all without any help from me. I feel so proud.
    And that's because you were... where?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    And that's because you were... where?
    In CT at a pool tourny. Check the steel cage.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Cetainly NOT ...

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    If you could one hero or heroinne from all of movie history.... who you would be? Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Bruce Lee? For me it was a toss up between "Worf" and "Jules" from "Pulp Fiction" , I'll decide later on this week, which I prefer...

Da Worfster
    Certainly not that tweeby Frodo, (Elijah Wood), in Jackson's Lord of the Rings. I say, as lover of Tolkien's work, Wood was absolutely and unforgivably the worst casting in those or other recent flicks I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    This might sound weird to some of you, but one of my fantasy is to have power of invisibility.

There are many advantage to have that power. One major advantage would be to not have to work for living, working for/with idiots. Just go to local bank and get what you need (not to rob, but just enough to get you by). Another would be to get away from trouble if it comes your way. Trouble come your way, just vanish into thin air.

In another word, live the way you want to live without responsibilities.

Umm.....does that mean you have to walk around naked all the time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information