Bose killed my Co-Workers Wedding Reception

On of the guys that works for me got married saturday. The D.J. at hte reception was using those Commercial Grad 901's with the stacked powered sub. It was without a doubt the worst DJ equipment I've ever heard. It sounded like ass. It sounded like a Japanese transistor radio. I knew that Bose was sonically challenged but either these guys didn't know how to run their system or they tried to shoot to big a room with too small a rig. I've never heard a worse rig in my life and I've been playing music for money since Nixon was President.

God in Heaven that sucked.

Da Worfster

Suspended

Maybe a Wave radio instead?

Well, if you paid your worker a decent wage, he could've probably afforded a better DJ...

I juust keeeeeeeeeding!

Worf, I see that your underling still has a lot to learn from the master! Too funny. I guess this is Dr. Bose's revenge for when my wedding reception killed those poor defenseless Bose 301s four (?!) years ago! (Fortunately for everyone in attendance that day, I only had to use the 301s for the wedding procession; after unplugging the speakers, they still got knocked over and cracked open during the ensuing reception, which used a much more formidable audio rig)

In my experience, some of Bose's pro audio equipment is not all that bad (though the Acoustic Wave Cannon is just about the worst sounding subwoofer I've ever heard). The 802 monitors that you're probably referring to can be on the bland side. But in tight spaces, those can sometimes be preferable to the aggressive horn-loaded monitors that are more often used in pro audio rigs. In a big room though, I can see how those monitors would not work well, especially if the DJ only uses two of them. They tend to roll off the highs a lot more than live sound monitors that use horn drivers, and they're not as efficient as the typical JBL, EV, and Klipsch monitors.

But, if the sound rig is the worst part of the wedding reception, then I guess that's a good thing, right? (Although things like bridezilla meltdowns or drunken brawls or guys hitting on the bridesmaids might make for better entertainment than a DJ with a seriously underendowed rig!)
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

AR Newbie Registered Member

Angry bose must be about the worst sonic disturbence in U.S.A.

I DIDNT NO ANYTHING ABOUT SPEAKERS EITHER,maybe i still dont,but i know how well my infinity beta 50s sound compared too my old bose,jez i would be afraid to give um away least they hear a good speaker and really be mad at me! GOOD FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND,COULDNT RISK THAT! U NO A DJ THAT NEEDS A NEW PROFESSION I THINK!

Suspended
    WTF!?!?!?

Welcome to AR nobose... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by r-n-t
    Well, if you paid your worker a decent wage, he could've probably afforded a better DJ...
    Nice one.

Thread Information