Thread: Remote Question

AR Newbie Registered Member

Remote Question

I'm an old member but new to the blog. Got a problem and thought maybe someone here would know what to do.

I have a Sony AVD-C700ES receiver/dvd/sacd changer that is missing a remote. I contacted Sony and was told that the original remote was not available but that they had a learning remote that would work. So, I ordered it, and guess what...it didn't work. This unit is a nice little unit for the bedroom and I hate to totally get rid of it, but it's really limited without the remote as there is no way (that I know if) to get into the menu and change any of the settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kerry.

The remote Sony suggested for their own equipment doesn't work?!? The only thing I can think of is to try a remote that downloads commands online from a database, such as Harmony, and see if that works.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    You can try nlaremotes.com
    They seem to specialize in the hard to find remotes.

There is also an RM-CL70 on ebay now. If that is your original remote. That may also be the same one Sony sent you that didn't work. Just a couple of options.
    Last edited by Jack in Wilmington; 06-15-2007 at 05:02 PM.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    The remote Sony suggested for their own equipment doesn't work?!? The only thing I can think of is to try a remote that downloads commands online from a database, such as Harmony, and see if that works.
    Yeah, it was a learnig remote they told me would work. I sent them a search request and they came back with an email telling me they had one that would work. Now I have to send it back and wait for them to bless me with a refund.

I'm thinking about paying the $120 for the one off ebay (OUCH!!!).

Thread Information