Post Which CD-R for audio recordings

I wonder if someone can advise on what CD-R disk i should use to back up my music. I've been told that Verbatim datalifeplus was a good disk which could be read by most cd players.
    Rega Planar 3 Turntable
    Denon TU-260 II Tuner
    Yamaha KX-580 SE Tape
    Marantz CD6000 KI CDP
    Krell KAV-500 Power Amp
    Krell KRC-3 Pre Amp
    Krell Studio DAC
    Krell KAV 300 CDP

Red Rose 'Spirit' Bookshelf Speakers

Chord Cobra 3 Interconnects
    Hovland Gen 3 Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Chord Chameleon XLR Interconnects
    IXOS XHD608-100 Digital Coax Interconnects
    Chord Odyssey 2 Speaker Cables

Forum Regular
    I use Taiyo Yuden CDR disks. Excellent quality and good reputation. Unlike some well known brands which farm out manufacture to various different factories, TY makes their own. I buy them mail order from CD Dimensions (who also sells commercial quality equipment.) You may have trouble buying them from a local outlet.

At one time Kodak Gold's were the best IMO. But they no longer manufactor them and contract out if I remember correct. And their quality slipped.
    Since getting a standalone burner, quality cd-r's are important to me as I get lots of duds with not so good cd-r's. The Kodak's were no longer consistent so I used Sony's with good results but had the occasional dud. I know use Verbatim and I haven't had one dud except when I used my computer burners and didn't have the read and write speeds matched on my cd-rom's.

Forum Regular
    In the past, I used Maxell and was very satisfied with the reproduction.

Forum Regular

Do a search in this forum

Someone - I don't recall who - posted a long and very informative response which went into the longevity of the various colored dyes, which makers had the best, etc etc. I read it with interest but hell, even if my CD-R's do only last 30-50 years, they'll outlive me!

As I recall, CD-R's with gold or blue dye lasted a few hundred years, CD-R's with green dye lasted 30-50. As for me, I use TDK "For Music" blanks and have had zero problems with duds. I can't speak to how long they will last because the oldest is only about 8 years old. So far no problems with erasure.
    Form is out. Content makes its own form.
    -Sam Rivers

The format doesn't matter. The music is all that matters.
    - Musicoverall

Thread Information