Forum Regular

Just wanted to write HI!

I am new to this website. However, I have heard some good things about it. I am looking foward to some lively debate about most things audio, and even some political.

A little about myself. I am an audiophile who is into 2 channel audio. I have a some what modest system built around solid state electronics. I have two source components, a DVD player, that I am presently using as a CD player until I have the funds to purchase a quality CD player, and a Rega P3 turntable with Shure phono cartridge. Yes, I do preferr the sound of LP's to that of CD's. However, I do not believe that LP's sound better than CD's per se, just different.

Here are some of my other beliefs that may cause tension with other members. I do believe in certain circumstances that interconnects/speaker cables can make an audible difference to the sound of a system. I myself use Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects as well as Nordost Super Flatline speaker cables (bi-wired of course). I use an Audio Magic Extreme Silver power chord with my amp. I use the basic Monster Cable power line conditioning strip. I put my speakers on spikes, they sit on a carpeted floor. I use Maple Shade Iso Blocks, as well as a solid surface slab under both my turn table and DVD player. I do believe ABX testing serves a useful purpose, however, I do not think you can completely disregard subjectivity/psychology when discussing audio products; hell, most purchases and products of any kind for that matter. I do not believe in the Iraq war, never have never will. I do not respect Geaorge W. Bush as a president; nor do I respect most of his administration. I think thats enough!
    Oh yeah, I just recieved an Apple IPod as a gift, and so far I have to say I quite like it.
    Sincerley radtech13!

Hey Rad,

Welcome to AR.

Nice first post. I can only assume that:
    A) You're looking to fire everyone up.
    or
    B) You're a regular just looking to fire everyone up.

Uh, nevermind.....

Enjoy the ride.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well that was a mouth full.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Bit of a splash for an intro, eh? All that's missing is some Bose, Notre Dame football, and creationism v. evolution

So fill in some blanks: what kinda amp and speaks ya usin'? What cdp is on the horizon?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome to AR. I agree with you about turntables. I am also a Rega owner. For a good and reasonably priced cd player several of us like the Marantz CD5001. Like Bobsticks I am curious about the rest of your system. I am also an advocate on the benefits of cables and do hear a difference. Not a fan of ABX testing.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular

Here is more

Noter Dame football? Do not particularly like their fans. Living in the Chicago metro area there are a lot of them. Has any team had so much hype yet so little recent success than Noter Dame? By recent success I mean the last few decades. Can we all agree that their OVER RATED, or at the very least OVER HYPED?!

My system uses McCormack electronics and Snell speakers. The CD player I would really like is the new Rega Apollo. However, it is out of my price range for the foreseeable future. The altrnatives I'm leaning toward are either the Marantz CD5001 or the NAD C525BBE.

Lastly, I am actually a very easy going person, I just say what I mean and mean what I saw. Plus I felt it necessary to point out, right up front, my audio belief. This always seems to be a point of contension for many. Oh yeah, I am an athiest. That one really makes some people irate!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say!

How 'bout them Bears huh?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Nice season last year. This year I'm not so sure. Sexy Rexy scares the hell out of me. On draft day my nine year old asked me who the Bears drafted. After telling her that they drafted a tight end, she responded with, "We need a quaterback not a tight end!" Ah, from the mouths of babes.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say!

Put her to work as the GM.

well welcome to the forums, and before you ask: yes, the marantz cd5001 would be an exellent choice

Enjoy the ride.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Yeah, you're going to fit in just fine around these parts.

Nice gear, by the way. I was looking around for one of the McCormack Universals to give a test drive. Seems to be a pretty solid company and I've heard their amps are no joke.

Make sure to make it down to Rave Recordings, where we argue not just about gear and politics but music as well

Thread Information