Can someone name these speakers? **pics**

Can anyone name these speakers? A person on CL is looking to sell them locally and I am trying to figure them out. They say they are Bose 601 Series II, BUT > Looking on ebay I see a totally different speaker. Do you know what Bose speakers these are?

Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    Can anyone name these speakers? A person on CL is looking to sell them locally and I am trying to figure them out. They say they are Bose 601 Series II, BUT > Looking on ebay I see a totally different speaker. Do you know what Bose speakers these are?
    Aren't those the W.Vannz signature series?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I think they are Bose 701's. The last of the 601's produced had one woofer front and rear with an angled tweeter. The 701 had the extra midrange driver rear mounted with a rear mounted woofer. They also had the single angled tweeter.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Good call, I found some 701s on ebay and they look the same. Thanks for letting me know. They mistyped the model number and really had me confused.

Steve

Bose 701 Series II

Thread Information