Thread: Bingo's Blunder

Forum Regular

Unhappy Bingo's Blunder

I was encouraged by Grandpaw to write a users review for the SVS B12 Plus subwoofer that I purchased last October. So being an obedient old man I sat down and wrote one. Being happy with this subwoofer, it was a kind of pleasure to tell everyone how well it served its purpose in my system. I must admit though, that being old and on the edge of dementia, I had a difficult time trying to dot all the i's and cross all the t's required by AR to insert this review where it belonged. Anyway, after a struggle (which was a lot of fun) I managed to write a reasonable review. Then I did what I thought was the proper thing to do to insert the review where it was supposed to go...but...after checking it out (Grandpaw checked too and couldn't find it) I could never find my review. My masterpiece had vanished! Considering my lack of expertise at writing reviews, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if SVS is happy I lost the damn thing! But just in case someone out there can tell me the mechanics of getting a review in its proper setting, I'd really appreciate it. I just have enough guts left to try it again. Bingo the bungler.

Forum Regular
    Bingo, I am not too young myself. I cannot tell you how to post the review on the review site of audioreview at this moment. Perhaps somebody knows what to do. Perhaps the best thing to do is to use the word processor program in your computer and save whatever you write to a file. This way you could copy and paste the review. If it gets lost, at least you have a storage file of the review. You could also just write a basic review of how you felt the sound and functions were with the sub. If you want to write a full review, perhaps make an outline first on a piece of paper before you type your text of the review. Don't drive yourself nuts and attampt to do it in one day. Do it at your leisure. I do not think you bungled. Sometimes due to a glitch of some sort, you end up losing data that you wanted to post.

Forum Regular

Smile Thanks for the advice Kelsci

I don't have a problem writing the review ...I did the one I lost in 30 minutes.... but afer it is finished I had a problem trying to place it in the review section..... it never did show up there. But thanks a lot for answering my thread...I appreciate that! Its no big deal about the review...if I don't get it in place nothing much is lost... Bingo.....

Suspended
    Hi B I N G O

If I remember correctly, when you are done with your review you just click "submit" ,but it doesn't appear right away like a post to a thread. I'm not sure if they preview them or why it takes a while. I've only posted one review since the format changed for that, so things could be totally different now. You should check in a day or so though to see if it shows up.

Forum Regular

Thank you MR. Peabody

I think you are right...I have checked a few times since submitting the review...but I am not going to loose any sleep if it is never printed.... I enjoyed writing it even if it went into cyberspace. Bingo

Thread Information